Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center
|Founded||Shanghai, China June 12, 1997|
|Headquarters||Pudong, Shanghai, China|
|Services||Localisation of global GM vehicles for China, new developments|
Number of employees
|2000 (in 2011)|
The Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (or PATAC) is a joint venture between General Motors and SAIC Motor. It is a design and engineering center in Pudong, Shanghai, China, and is involved in engineering for Shanghai GM products, but also functions as one out of six technical development and design centers worldwide of General Motors.
PATAC has prepared several global GM vehicles for the Chinese market. From PATAC's own development come the Chevrolet Sail and the second generation Buick GL8. PATAC is also creating every two years a concept car, a total of seven until 2013; Among them two concepts of a new Buick Riviera, in 2007 and 2013.
- "Pan Asia Will Participate More in Global Design". patac.com.cn (Press release). 2008-04-28. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
(PATAC) nowadays has not only dedicated to localized transformation as it did ten years ago but also took part in the global development of GM.
- "PATAC’s Vehicle Climate Wind Tunnel Unveiled". patac.com.cn (Press release). 2012-03-27. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
The first and the only one built by vehicle manufacturer in China
- "SGM/PATAC Guangde Proving Ground Opened". patac.com.cn (Press release). Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "About GM China". gmchina.com. 2013. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Latest News : GM China's Advanced Technical Center underway". Automotive Testing Technology International. n.d. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
The new facility will complement GM’s engineering and product development partnerships in China, including the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC) in Shanghai and the China Automotive Energy Research Center (CAERC) in Beijing.
- "GM China Advanced Technical Center Phase I Opens in Shanghai". media.gmchina.com (Press release). 2011-09-21. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "GM China Opens Phase II of Advanced Technical Center". media.gm.com (Press release). 2012-11-29. Retrieved 3 October 2013.