From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PCF may refer to:
- PCF theory, a theory that deals with the cofinality of the ultraproducts of ordered sets. It gives strong upper bounds on the cardinalities of power sets of singular cardinals. "PCF" stands for "possible cofinalities".
- Percentage-closer filtering, a shadow mapping implementation
- Piecewise Constant Fitting, a family of algorithms for segmentation of DNA copy number data from microarray experiments or DNA sequencing. The sensitivity of the algorithms are controlled by a single parameter (called gamma) for which useful default values are available for most platforms. The resulting segmentation will be statistically optimal in a least squares sense, conditionally on the number of breakpoints found. The algorithms cover (1) segmentation of one or more samples individually, (2) joint segmentation of multiple samples to find a set of common breakpoints, and (3) segmentation of SNP-array data with two measurement tracks (LRR and BAF). All algorithms are freely available in the R package Copynumber; see Gro Nilsen et al (BMC Genomics, 2012) for details.
- Point coordination function, a Media Access Control (MAC) technique used in Wi-Fi wireless LANs
- Hard-clad silica optical fiber (polymer-clad fiber), an optical fiber with a core of quartz glass (diameter: 200 µm) and an optical cladding out of special plastic (diameter: 230 µm)
- Programming Computable Functions, a simple functional programming language
- Portable Compiled Format, a file format for distributing bitmap fonts
- Portable Content Format, a file format for DVB-based interactive television
- Printer Configuration File, a file used to configure printer settings
- Profile Configuration File, a configuration file used to set up VPN connections
- Pronto Configuration File, a Philips Pronto configuration file used by Pronto universal programmable IR/RF remote controls
- Plastic-Clad silica Fiber, used in TOSLINK
- Photonic-crystal fiber
- Pounds per Cubic Foot, a U.S. customary unit of measure of density
- "possible cofinalities", a central concept in PCF theory, an area in the mathematical field of set theory
- Patrol Craft Fast, a 50-foot-long (15 m) all-aluminum riverine boat used by the US Navy's Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam War, commonly known as a Swift Boat
- French Communist Party, Parti Communiste Français
- President's Choice Financial
- PC Format, a monthly magazine
- Participatory Culture Foundation
- PAP Community Foundation, the social and charitable arm of the People's Action Party in Singapore
- Prevent Cancer Foundation, charity organization devoted to funding research and increasing public knowledge for cancer prevention
- Prostate Cancer Foundation, the world’s largest philanthropic source of support for prostate cancer research
- Pharyngoconjunctival fever
- Post-cancer fatigue, a condition that may occur after cancer treatment
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.