P. F. Chang's China Bistro
Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S.
|Headquarters||7676 E. Pinnacle Peak Road
Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S. 85255
|Number of locations||204 (2012)|
|Key people||Richard L. Federico
(CEO/Chairman of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc.)
F. Lane Cardwell, Jr.
(President/Director of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro)
(Director of Culinary Operations)
|Products||American Chinese cuisine|
P. F. Chang's China Bistro (also informally known as P.F. Wang's) is an Asian-themed US casual dining restaurant chain owned and operated by Centerbridge Partners and headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. As of January 1, 2012, P. F. Chang's operated 204 restaurants in the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, Argentina, Chile and the Middle East. In 2014 P.F. Chang will open in its first restaurant in Costa Rica. It is the largest full service, casual dining Chinese restaurant chain in the United States with locations across the country.
The chain was founded in 1993 by Paul Fleming and Philip Chiang. The first restaurant was opened at the Scottsdale Fashion Square in Scottsdale, Arizona. In 1996, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. was formed from the acquisition of the original four bistro restaurants. On July 2, 2012 Centerbridge Partners completed the purchase of P.F. Changs China Bistro and the company is no longer publicly held.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. acquired the P.F. Chang's Home Menu license from Unilever in August 2012.
On March 15, 2004, the company reported that it had modified its partnership accounting, which resulted in a restatement of its financial results for prior years. On March 17, 2005, the company was to adjust its accounting for leases in order to conform with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles. Accordingly, management and the audit committee determined that the company's previously issued consolidated financial statements, including those in the company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended Dec. 28, 2003, and those in the company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for the first three fiscal quarters of 2004, should no longer be relied upon.
- P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. (January 1, 2012). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Chef's Corner, Recipes and Tutorials". P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "FAQs". P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Products". Unilever. 2012. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "P.F. Chang's Lauded for Gluten-Free Menu Items". Chainleader.com. Retrieved September 20, 2009. (subscription required)
- "P.F. Chang's Modifies Its Partnership Accounting".
- "P.F. Chang's Announces Lease Accounting Changes".