|Traded as||NYSE: PGI|
|Industry||Virtual meeting, Communication technology|
|Key people||Boland T. Jones (Founder, Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||Web conferencing, video conferencing and conference calling|
|Revenue||$526.9M USD (2013)|
PGi, or Premiere Global Services, Inc., is a multinational corporation and global provider of conferencing and collaboration solutions. Its products include audio conferencing, web conferencing, videoconferencing and virtual meeting solutions such as iMeet and GlobalMeet. PGi provides global SaaS (software as a service) and cloud computing solutions to small, medium and enterprise businesses.
Premiere Technologies, Inc. was founded by chairman and CEO, Boland T. Jones in 1991. In February 2000, the company name was officially changed from Premiere Technologies to Ptek Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTEK) and in January 2005, the name was again changed to Premiere Global Services, Inc. The company’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PGI” and is included in the Russell 2000 Index.
The company's corporate headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia, and PGi employs over 2,100 people in 25 offices around the world, including London, Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong, Paris, Auckland, Frankfurt, New York, Chicago, Clonakilty and Austin, Texas with an annual revenue of $526.9M USD as of 2013.
In 2010, Premiere Global Services launched PGi, its new brand identity.
PGi’s proprietary and partner products include solutions for web conferencing, audio conferencing and videoconferencing.
PGi provides software solutions for meetings including global conference calling, web-enabled meetings, hosted events, virtual events, and videoconferencing. iMeet® is a proprietary collaboration product incorporating web conferencing, audio, video, file storage, screen sharing and social media features for up to 125 participants. GlobalMeet® is a proprietary web conferencing product with integrated audio for online meetings for up to 125 participants.
PGi also provides audio conferencing solutions including reservationless and operator-assisted large scale event calls.
PGi offers web conferencing products through partnerships with other communication solutions providers, including Adobe Connect, WebEx by Cisco Solutions, Microsoft Office Live Meeting, Microsoft Lync Online, Brainshark, Thomson Reuters Webcasting and ON24.
PremiereCall Event was an audio meeting service with dedicated operators to greet and screen up to 3,000 participants designed to be used for large gatherings including investor relations meetings, press conferences and focus groups. Also referred to as Premium Hosted Events.
PGi legacy products PremiereCall Auditorium, PremiereCall Connection, ReadyCast, VisionCast, and PGiMeet Webcast were all retired or rebranded in 2010. Both PremiereCall Auditorium and PGiMeet Webcast are still in limited use in the EMEA and APAC markets
PGiSend, a messaging business that included mobile printing, notification and reminders services, Fax2Mail and document delivery products, was sold to EasyLink Services International Corporation in 2010.
A former feature of ReadyConference® Plus and GlobalMeet®, ConferenceAnywhere allowed users to instantly host a conference call via mobile device and was replaced with the launch of PGi Mobile in 2009.
Events and acquisitions
December 2013 - PGi announces acquisition of U.K.-based conferencing and collaboration provider Powwownow.
November 2012 - PGi SVP Tammy Hammond awarded Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year for Women in Business.
September 2012 - PGi awarded the Silver Stevie Award for Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year - Up to 2,500 Employees.
June 2012 - PGi awarded two American Business Awards – Silver Stevie Award for “Communications Professional of the Year” awarded to Cora Rodenbusch and Bronze Stevie Award for “Maverick of the Year” awarded to founder, chairman, and CEO Boland T. Jones.
April 2012 - iMeet awarded silver in the Best New Product category of the Edison Awards.
January 2011 – iMeet General Availability announced
December 2010 – PGi introduces GlobalMeet, a virtual meetings product that brings together audio and web conferencing into one solution.
October 2010 – PGi sold its PGiSend business to EasyLink Services International Corporation for $105 million.
February 2010 – PGi announces partnership with AVi-SPL to provide video conferencing solutions.
November 2009 – Mansell Group, a US-based email communications provider, acquired PGi's emarketing business.
February 2009 – Acquisition: LINK Conference Service, LLC: Seattle-based audio and conferencing provider.
August 2008 – Acquisition: Soundpath Conferencing Services: US-based audio and web conferencing provider.
November 2007 – Acquisition: Meet24: Nordic-based conferencing and web collaboration provider.
November 2006 – Acquisition: ECT: Australian-based audio and web conferencing provider.
September 2006 – Acquisition: eNunciate: Canadian-based audio and web conferencing provider.
January 2006 – Acquisition: Accucast: US-based email communications provider.
- "Premiere Global Services Inc (PGI:New York)". Bloomberg Business Week. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "Premiere Global Services Inc. News". The New York Times.
- "PREMIERE GLOBAL SERVICES INC (PGI:US): Stock Quote & Company Profile - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Ptek Holdings Changes Name to Premiere Global Services, Inc.; Company Transfers Listing to NYSE, Symbol 'PGI'". Business Wire. 2005.
- "Premiere Global Services, Inc. | Company profile from Hoover's". Hoovers.com. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Premiere Global Services Launches New PGi Brand". Bloomberg. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Partners in On-Demand Business Communications Solutions". Presentation.brainshark.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "PGi Sells Fax Business to Become a Pure Play Virtual Meetings Company | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET". Findarticles.com. 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Premiere Global Services - Conference Anywhere Microsite". Conferenceanywhere.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "PGi Acquires Powwownow, U.K.'s Leading Conferencing and Collaboration Provider for SMBs". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "PGi Acquires ACT Conferencing". Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "TeliaSonera and PGi strategic partnership". Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- "PGi Marks Ninth 2012 Stevie® Award Win as Tammy Hammond accepts Gold for Female Executive of the Year for Women in Business". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Company / Organization Awards Category Stevie® Award Winners". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "InformationWeek Top 250". Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Corporate Communications, Investor Relations, & Public Relations Awards Category Stevie® Award Winners". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "Management Awards Category Stevie® Award Winners & Finalists". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "2012 Edison Award Winners". Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "eircom and PGi Announce Strategic Alliance Offering PGi’s Video, Web and Audio Conferencing Solutions, Including iMeet® and GlobalMeet®, to eircom Business Customers". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "PGi Partners with Deutsche Telekom: iMeet® Users Say "Auf Wiedersehen" to Lifeless Meetings". Reuters. 2012-03-05. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- "PGi Announces Its Second New Online Meeting Solution – GlobalMeet® Fixes Web Conferencing". Business Wire. 2010-12-14. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- Posted October 21, 2010 (2010-10-21). "PGi Sells Fax Business to EasyLink Services for $105M - Citybizlist Philadelphia". Philly.citybizlist.com. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "PGi Announces Strategic Relationship with AVI-SPL to Offer Video Conferencing Solutions". Business Wire. 2010-02-25. Retrieved 2011-01-24.
- "Mansell Group Acquires Campaign Accelerator Email Marketing Business from Premiere Global Services". Mansellgroup.com. 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2011-01-24.