PHP Development Tools
|Stable release||3.2.1 / September 27, 2013|
|License||Eclipse Public License|
The project intends to encompass all tools necessary to develop PHP based software. It uses the existing Eclipse Web Tools Project to provide developers with PHP capabilities. Additional Plugins are available as PDT Extensions.
- Core—parser, search algorithm, communication and more
- Debug—protocols, messages, executable and web server
- User Interface—editor, views, preferences and wizards
The project officially began around March 8, 2006. By the end of 2006, the project was approaching the 0.7 release. On April 6, 2007, 0.7 RC3 was released as the final 0.7 version.
In the latter half of 2007, a series of 1.0 milestones were reached, and on September 18, 2007, PDT 1.0 Final was released.
The PHP Development Tools project has had two names during its development. * It was initially named PHP Development Tools, then changed to PHP IDE, and reverted to PHP Development Tools on January 1, 2007. Various documentation and reviews use either name.
Zend Technologies contributions
Significant PDT development is being done by Zend Technologies. Zend sells a competing product named Zend Studio. PDT, as free software, may cannibalize sales of Zend Studio although the latter has more features. Others contend that PDT is deliberately maintained as a "lite" version of Zend Studio.
- PHP IDE -> PDT
- "Zend Studio PDT Comparison". Zend Technologies. Retrieved 2009-05-07.
- "PHP for Eclipse - PHPeclipse vs PDT". Retrieved 2009-05-07. "I can only guess that Zend, realizing the popularity of Eclipse, figured they should get involved and either… Didn’t bother to do a simple Google search for Eclipse PHP or…decided to create an introductory trial version (crippleware), label it as open source, and announce it to the world as the glorious PDT"
- PHP Development Tools project page
- PDT Extensions
- PDT and Xdebug, a guide to remote debugging using PDT
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|