PIAS UK Distribution
|Music Record Distribution|
|Founded||1993 (as Vital)|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Parent||[PIAS] Entertainment Group|
|Website||PIAS UK Distribution|
[PIAS] UK Distribution is the distribution arm of the [PIAS] Entertainment Group and is the United Kingdom's largest independent sales, marketing and distribution company. Founded in 1993 as Vital Distribution, Ltd., and renamed in 2005, [PIAS] UK represents over 100 record labels from around the world. With offices in London and Dublin, Ireland, [PIAS] UK has played a significant role in the European and worldwide successes of some of the most well-known independent artists, including Oasis, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Moby, and others.
To aid in the distribution and management of various smaller labels, [PIAS] UK created two distinct units. Established in 2004 as Vital-PIAS Digital, the [PIAS] Digital unit manages over 200 labels from the U.K. through widespread digital distribution. In 2006, [PIAS] UK developed and launched Integral, a label development company that provides the marketing structure and backing for smaller labels and rights holders to introduce, establish and promote acts on their own.
- Beggars Group/XL Recordings
- Big Brother Recordings
- Brownswood Recordings
- Defected Records
- Domino Records
- Ninja Tune Records
- Wall of Sound
- Warp Records
- PIAS UK at PIAS Entertainment Group
- Musictank.co.uk Profile of Peter Thompson, PIAS UK Managing Director
- PIAS UK Distribution Official Site
- PIAS Digital Official Site
- Integral Official Site
- Brandle, Lars (2006-01-06). "PIAS/Vital Launch Integral In the U.K.". BillboardBiz; reprinted online at AllBusiness.com. Retrieved 2009-01-28.