28 July 1980 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
PJ Bevis (born 28 July 1980, in Brisbane, Australia) is an Australian baseball player who is a right-handed pitcher for the Queensland Rams. Bevis has played professional baseball ranging from Rookie to AAA for over 13 years with the Arizona Diamondbacks, New York Mets, Colorado Rockies
Bevis was on the big league roster for 3 years with the Arizona Diamondbacks & the New York Mets, as well as playing in the Can-Am League, Golden Baseball League and Northern League. He attended Cavendish Road State High School.
Bevis was signed by the Arizona organisation in 1998 as a 17-year-old before being traded in 2002, playing AA, to the New York Mets. He would play a couple of seasons for the organisation in AA and AAA as well as pitching spring training for the Mets, Bevis signed a one-year contract with the Colorado Rockies for the 2005 season. Despite playing 3 seasons of AAA baseball, Bevis has never played in the Major's.
Bevis led the 2005 AA Texas League in saves with 21 while pitching for the Tulsa Drillers, who are the AA affiliate for the Colorado Rockies. Bevis was named to the 2005 AA Texas league All-Star team Despite only pitching in 12 games for Yakima in 2001 Bevis was 3rd in the league in saves with 8.
- Minor League Baseball Reference – PJ Bevis
- "2005 Texas League Pitching Leaders". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "Texas League All-Star Game to be shown live on Fox Sports – OurSports Central – Independent and Minor League Sports News". OurSports Central. 21 June 2005. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "2001 Northwest League Pitching Leaders". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Flintoff and Dunn Honours
- Rooney, Pat; Rocky Mountain News (13 May 2005). "Sore shoulder sidelines injury-prone Tsao". Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference (Minors)