|Type||Limited Liability Partnership|
|Revenue||$2.6 billion USD (2011)|
PKF International (previously known as Pannell Kerr Forster) is a global network of accountancy firms. Member firms operate under the PKF brand in about 125 countries. In 2010, PKF International was ranked the 10th largest global accounting network, with aggregate fee income of $2.4 billion for member firms in the year ended June 2010.
Pannell Kerr Forster was founded in 1969 when four accountancy firms from Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States joined together to create an international association. The four firms were:
- Pannell Fitzpatrick & Co, founded in 1869 by William Henry Pannell (UK);
- Harris, Kerr, Forster & Co, founded in 1911 as Harris, Kerr & Co by William Harris & Errol Kerr, and in 1923 as WJ Forster & Co by William Forster (USA);
- Campbell, Sharp, Nash & Field (Canada); and
- Wilson, Bishop, Bowes & Craig (Australia).
In 1980, member firms decided to use Pannell Kerr Forster as their common brand name to create an international accountancy brand. In 2000, member firms decided to shorten their name to PKF. Member firms are now adopting this name in their home markets, or adding PKF as a prefix to the existing firm name.
PKF International Limited is a network of legally independent member firms. There are 300 member firms and correspondents in 440 locations in around 125 countries providing accounting and business advisory services. As of January 2011[update], over 21,000 staff were employed by PKF International member firms.
In 2012, PKF recruited substantial new member firms in Japan and South Korea. However, the UK firm announced that it would be leaving PKF International and merging with BDO; it is to be replaced by the London-based firm Littlejohn LLP.
In 2013 Midlands based accountancy and business advisory firm Cooper Parry joined PKF. Cooper Parry are the only PKF members in the Midlands, joining London-based PKF Littlejohn and Scottish firm Johnston Carmichael in representing PKF in the UK.
The full PKF network includes 300 member firms across 400 locations, in around 125 countries.
- About us, PKF International. Retrieved 2012-11-12.
- PKF International network now ranked 10th in the World, PKF. Citing International Accounting Bulletin, January 2011.
- About us: History. Retrieved 2010-12-15.[dead link]
- Pannell Kerr Forster, simplified family tree of the firm, ICAEW, 2005
- PKFI admits South Korea's 12th largest accounting firm as new exclusive correspondent, PKF, 7 June 2012
- "Interview: BDO's Simon Michaels and PKF's Martin Goodchild". Accountancy Age. 7 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-12.
- "Littlejohn to join PKF International". Economia (ICAEW). 25 April 2013. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Cooper Parry Joins PKF, 16th December 2013
- The new UK Midlands representative for PKF: Cooper Parry, 16th December 2013
- What is PKF International? www.pkf.com
|This article about a corporation in the service industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|