PRC (file format)
PRC (Product Representation Compact; "précis" in French language) is a 3D file format that can be used to embed 3D data in a PDF file.
This highly compressed format facilitates the storage of different representations of a 3D model. For example, you can save only a visual representation that consists of polygons (a tessellation), or you can save the model's exact geometry (B-rep data). Varying levels of compression can be applied to the 3D CAD data when it is converted to the PRC format using the 3D PDF Converter plugin for Acrobat.
- June 12, 2002 TTF Showcases PRC
- April 21, 2006 Adobe Acquires Trade and Technologies France (TTF)
- May 24, 2010 Tech Soft 3D Reaches Agreement with Adobe to Develop Adobe 3D SDK Technology
- Adobe transfer responsibility, for providing new 3D CAD translation technology within Acrobat, to Tetra 4D
- In the future, PROSTEP AG is transferred responsibility for the continued development of the 3D translation technology within Adobe's LiveCycle ES platform.
- April 11, 2011 3D PDF Consortium launch
- Adobe Acrobat "Pro Extended" 8 and 9
- Adobe Acrobat X and XI with 3D PDF Converter from Tetra 4D 
- PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D
- PDF3D version 2.0 and later, pdf3d.com
- Adobe Reader 8 and later
- Portable Document Format
- Universal 3D
- Asymptote: Open Source PRC Writer
- The media9 LaTeX package enables the production of PDF documents with embedded PRC files using LaTeX.
- Acrobat 3D PRC Specification (Version 8137 (latest))
- Acrobat 3D PRC Specification (Version 7094)
- Acrobat 3D 8 documentation correction with PRC and U3D conversion formats
- ISO/TC171/SC2 N 570 E 3D use of product representation compact (PRC) format.
- PRC (Product Representation Compact) Format FAQ
- HOOPS 3D Exchange libraries from Tech Soft 3D
- http://www.pdf3d.com PDF3D-SDK PRC Generation library toolkit from Visual Technology Services Ltd.
- 3D PDF Converter from tetra4D supports the import and export of PRC files from multiple formats.
- PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D - A server-based solution used to automate the generation of 3D PDF documents with embedded PRC streams.