|Traded as||BMAD: PRS
|Industry||Broadcasting, Publishing, Media, Internet, Entertainment|
|Founders||Jesús de Polanco|
|Key people||Ignacio Polanco (Chairman)
Juan Luís Cebrián (CEO)
|Services||Television and radio production, press and publishing|
|Net income||€2.822 billion (2010)|
Promotora de Informaciones, S.A (PRISA) is a Spanish media conglomerate.
History and profile
The PRISA group was founded in 1972 by Jesús de Polanco. As of 2010 it was controlled by Nicolas Berggruen. At the end of 2010 the US hedge fund Liberty Acquisitions Holdings acquired 51% of the company.
- PRISA owns the following papers among the others
- PRISA noticias
- Revista 40
- Rolling Stone
Music and radio
- PRISA radio
- Cadena SER news station
- Los 40 Principales music station
- M80 Radio music station
- Cadena Dial music station
- Máxima FM music station
- Radio Olé music station
- ONA FM music station
- Rádio Comercial music station (Portugal)
- Rádio Clube news station (Portugal)
- Cidade FM music station (Portugal)
- Best Rock FM music station (Portugal)
- Grupo Latino de Radio
- Caracol Radio news station (Colombia)
- Radio Continental news station (Argentina)
- ADN Radio news station (Chile)
- W Radio radio network (Mexico, co-owner with Televisa))
- XETRA-AM and WSUA news stations (United States)
- "Annual Results 2010".
- Prisa: About us
- Julia Pastor (27 December 2013). "Prisa Group: Dismantling of Spain’s Top Media Giant Means End of an Era". The Corner (Madrid). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Raphael Minder. Prisa Looks for Return to Financial Health, The New York Times, 21 November 2010
- "Spain- Newspapers". G2MI. Retrieved 26 November 2014.