|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Launched||1 December 1995|
|Owned by||Central European Media Enterprises|
|Picture format||16:9 4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Audience share||20.2% (January - October 2009, )|
|Slogan||Gândește liber (Think freely)|
|Country||Republic of Moldova|
|Headquarters||Bucharest -2, Bd. Pache Protopopescu nr.109|
|Sister channel(s)||Sport.ro, PRO.TV Internaţional, Pro Cinema, Acasa TV, MTV Romania|
|UPC Romania||Channel 03 (digital with DVR)
Channel 04 (digital)
|Meo (Portugal)||Channel 234|
Pro TV (Romanian pronunciation: [proteˈve]) is the third Romanian private TV Channel (after Tele7ABC and Antena 1), launched in December 1995 that reaches almost 99% of Romania’s 21.5 million people and has 48% of its broadcast schedule comprising locally produced programs. Pro TV broadcasts 24 hours a day and achieved an average all day audience of 16.5% during 2008.
Targeting urban adults 18-to-49 years old, Pro TV uses a programming strategy of top international series and movies, as well as a wide variety of local productions including news programming, local entertainment and local fiction.
The station’s local productions include entertainment shows, news programs and TV series.
- Vocea României (English: The Voice of Romania) The Romanian version of the "The Voice" franchise.
- Românii au talent (English: Romania's Got Talent) The Romanian version of the Got Talent franchise.Presenting Smiley and Pavel Bartoș.
- “La Maruta”, hosted by Cătălin Măruță, is a one-hour live entertainment show with news about celebrities and show business.
- “Dansez pentru tine” (English: Dancing for you), a show hosted by Romanian TV star and singer Ștefan Bănică Jr. and Iulia Vântur, an anchorwoman from Pro TV News, that shows contestants which participate in a dance contest because they need money. Along with the contestants fight, every edition of the show presents other social problems: very talented kids who can not continue their studies because of the lack of money, sick people who need financial help for treatment or simple people who see in this show their only chance for a better life.
- “Serviciul Român de Comedie” (English: Romanian Comedy Service) is an entertainment show. It moved to the rival channel,Antena 1,in 2014.
- Știrile Pro TV (English: Pro TV News) is a news program with a market-share of more than 30% in 2008.
- România, te iubesc! (English: Romania, I Love You) a show where the reporters try to show the beauty of the country, and some special people who make Romania better.
- MasterChef România The Romanian version of the Masterchef franchise.Presenting Răzvan Fodor.
- Pariu Cu Viața (English: A Bet with Life) is a musical comedy-drama television.
- Visuri la cheie (English: Dreams with key) is the Romanian version of the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition franchise. It presenting the actor Dragos Bucur.
In September 2008, Pro TV News' social campaign “Any idea what your kid is doing right now?” (Romanian: Tu știi ce mai face copilul tău?) won the International Emmy Awards for “News”, being the first TV station in Eastern Europe to win this award.
At the beginning of 2009, Pro TV won the NAB International Broadcasting Excellence Award for the social campaigns Pro TV News had developed in the previous two years.
Pro TV was the main television channel to broadcast the UEFA Champions League in Romania between 2000 and 2009. Now it is broadcasting "Cupa Romaniei" ("The Romania's Cup"),at football,the matches with Romanian teams from Europa League and the preliminaries of UEFA Champions League.
Pro TV HD