||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013)|
|subsidiary of PwC|
|Scott Hefter, Global MD
Mary Lyons, Chief Talent Officer
Mark Strom, MD, Americas
Mohamed Kande, MD Europe, ME and South Asia
Susan Kantor, CFO
Tom Godward, Director, Transactions
|Services||Management consulting services: Operational Strategy, Product and Service Innovation, Supply Chain Innovation, Customer Experience Innovation, Enterprise Co-Creation|
|Slogan||Where Innovation Operates|
PRTM is a management consulting subsidiary of PwC. The firm’s business centers on the areas of operational strategy, supply chain innovation, product innovation, and customer experience innovation. PRTM was named to Consulting Magazine's 2010 "Best Firms to Work For".
PRTM offers expertise across these industry sectors: automotive, aerospace and defense, chemicals and process industries, telecommunications, consumer goods and retail, electronics, energy, financial services, healthcare, private equity, public sector, semiconductor, and software.
The firm was founded in 1976 in Palo Alto, California. When the firm added eastern United States operations in 1977, it was incorporated as Pittiglio, Rabin, Todd & McGrath after its founding partners Theodore Pittiglio, Robert Rabin, Robert Todd, and Michael McGrath. Today, the firm is known as PRTM. On June 24, 2011, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) acquired PRTM and the deal closed on August 22, 2011.
The firm began benchmarking business performance for its clients in 1982. PRTM’s international expansion started in 1985. In 1988, PRTM pioneered its "Product and Cycle-time Excellence" (PACE) framework to provide companies with a multidisciplinary approach to innovation. PRTM co-developed the "Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model" (SCOR) with the Supply-Chain Council in 1996. In 1997, the firm launched a subsidiary, The Performance Measurement Group, LLC (PMG).
PRTM consultants have authored numerous books, including:
- Making Innovation Work: How to Manage It, Measure It, and Profit From It (by Tony Davila, Marc J. Epstein, and Robert Shelton, Wharton School Publishing, 2005, ISBN 0-13-149786-3),
- Strategic Supply Chain Management: The Five Disciplines for Top Performance (by Shoshanah Cohen and Joseph Roussel, McGraw-Hill, 2004, ISBN 0-07-143217-5),
- Strategic IT Portfolio Management (2005),
- Next Generation Product Development: How to Increase Productivity, Cut Costs, and Reduce Cycle Times (McGraw-Hill, 2004),
- Setting the PACE in Product Development: A Guide to Product And Cycle-time Excellence (by Michael E. McGrath, Butterworth-Heinemann, rev. ed. 1996, ISBN 978-0-7506-9789-7),
- Voices into Choices: Acting on the Voice of the Customer (by Gary Burchill and Christina Hepner Brodie, Joiner Associates, 1997, ISBN 1-884731-13-9),
- Product Strategy for High-Technology Companies: How to Achieve Growth, Competitive Advantage, and Increased Profits, (by Michael McGrath, McGraw-Hill, 2nd ed., 2000, ISBN 0-07-136246-0).
A quarterly publication, PRTM Insight, provides PRTM's latest thinking and experience on global issues of concern to C-level executives.
Employee satisfaction and opportunity
PRTM has been featured in numerous publications for the quality of its culture and morale. The company is frequently chosen as one of “10 Best Firms to Work For” by Consulting Magazine.
PRTM recruits at MBA and undergraduate levels. PRTM's candidates typically come from top/Ivy League schools, their international equivalents and top business schools across the world. PRTM also recruits experienced industry candidates with deep management experience.