|Founded||April 1, 1964 (as Port of Singapore Authority)|
|Headquarters||460 Alexandra Road, Singapore|
|Key people||Fock Siew Wah (Group Chairman)
Tan Chong Meng (Group CEO)
|Services||Port services, logistics services|
|Subsidiaries||PSA Marine Pte Ltd|
PSA International Pte Ltd, formerly Port of Singapore Authority is one of the world's largest port operators.
In 1863, Tan Kim Ching, Singapore's leading Chinese merchant at that time, came up with $120,000 to found and set up the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company (the forerunner of today's Port of Singapore Authority), purchased two steamships, "Siam" and "Singapore" and promoted the Tanjong Pagar Dock Co.
The Port of Singapore Authority was formed on April 1, 1964 to take over the functions, assets and liabilities of the Singapore Harbour Board. On August 25, 1997, a parliamentary bill was passed to corporatise the Port of Singapore Authority, and PSA Corporation Ltd (simplified Chinese: 新加坡港务集团有限公司) was corporatised on October 1, 1997. The company kept its name as PSA but it is no longer an acronym.
As of 1 June 2014, PSA International participates in 26 port projects in 15 countries across Asia, Europe and the Americas with flagship operations in Singapore and Antwerp.
PSA Marine Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of PSA International, provides marine services to the maritime and shipping community. They include pilotage, port and terminal towage, ocean transportation, support vessels for the offshore oil & gas industry, heavy-lift, oil spill response and salvage services.
- DP World is third-largest ports operator
- A History of Singapore, 1819-1988: 1819-1988 By Constance Mary Turnbull Published by Oxford University Press, 1989; ISBN 0-19-588911-8, ISBN 978-0-19-588911-6; p. 92, 93, 99
- Historical Dictionary of Singapore By K. Mulliner, Lian The-Mulliner Published by Scarecrow Press, 1991; ISBN 0-8108-2504-X, 9780810825048; pp. 63, 146, 148
- The American Neptune By Peabody Museum of Salem, Peabody Essex Museum Published by Peabody Museum of Salem, 1966; Item notes: v.26-27 1966-1967; p. 113
- Management of Success: The Moulding of Modern Singapore By Kernial Singh Sandhu, Paul Wheatley, Syed Hussein Alatas Published by Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 1989; ISBN 9971-988-96-8, ISBN 978-9971-988-96-8; p. 12
- Tanjong Pagar: A Pictorial Journey (1819-1989) = Tan-jung Pa-ko Tʻu Pʻien Chi By Tanjong Pagar Constituency (Singapore, Tanjong Pagar Citizens' Consultative Committee, Tanjong Pagar Constituency (Singapore), Tanjong Pagar Citizens' Consultative Committee Published by Tanjong Pagar Constituency, 1989; ISBN 981-3002-27-1, ISBN 978-981-3002-27-2; p. 182
- An Ode To Friendship: Celebrating Singapore-Thailand Relations, Heritage 05 (April June) Newsletter, by Wong Wee Hon, Head (Archives Reference Room) / National Archives of Singapore, the National Heritage Board of Singapore published the National Heritage Board, National Archives of Singapore.
- Chee, Veronica (2001). "Port of Singapore Authority (PSA)". Singapore Infopedia. National Library Board, Singapore. Retrieved 2006-09-17.
- "Going Global". PSA International. Archived from the original on 2006-03-20. Retrieved 2006-09-17.
|Library resources about
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PSA International.|