PSG College of Technology
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|PSG College of Technology|
Seal of PSG Tech
|Motto||Knowledge and Service|
|Type||Private (government aided)|
|Principal||Dr. R. Rudramoorthy|
|Location||Peelamedu, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Affiliations||Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore|
PSG College of Technology is an autonomous, government aided, private engineering college in Peelamedu, Coimbatore. It is affiliated to Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore. The college offers a total of 48 full-time and part-time programs in Science, Engineering and Management at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The college was founded in 1951 by Dr.G.R.Damodaran, who served as first Principal of the college. It is one of the many educational institutions nurtured by PSG & Sons Charities Trust. It is the first private engineering institution established in Tamil Nadu. The college is located in the same campus with the PSG Industrial Institute. It is the only college in India to have an industry attached to it.
Among the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes offered by the college, many are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The college was conferred autonomous status by the University of Madras in 1978, which was continued by the Bharathiar University and subsequently by Anna University, and from 2007 by Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore. This enables the college to frame its own curricula, update syllabus and introduce new courses as and when needed. The college is empowered to administer its own evaluation system.
The departments benefit from the expertise of more than 15 visiting faculty from other institutions. Each department annually conducts at least one national/international conference/seminar/workshop for dissemination of the latest technologies and research findings. On average, five short term programmes on topics of interest are conducted for the teaching faculty from other colleges with funding from AICTE/ISTE and other agencies.
The programmes of the college are recognized all over India and abroad. The college maintains interaction with several R&D institutions and other institutions of higher learning in India and abroad, through institutional network programmes and collaborative research programmes. It also has links with industries in the fields of automotive, aerospace, defence, textile, machine tools, software development and consumer durables.
|Engineering – India|
|* Limited participation|
PSG College of Technology was ranked 14 in India Today's Best Engineering Colleges in India of 2012 and 18 in Outlook India's Top Engineering Colleges of 2012. In rankings limited to private colleges it was ranked 4 by Mint's Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009.
PSG College of Technology has been awarded Best Institute for Industry Institute Interaction in India by AICTE and CII. Mechanical Engineering Department at PSG College of Technology was awarded as the Best Department all over India with regard to industry-institute interaction.
Notable alumni 
- Mylswamy Annadurai, Project Director of Chandrayaan-1 and Chandrayaan-2, Currently Programe Director IRS & SSS (Indian Remote Sensing & Small, Science and Student Satellites)
- Shiv Nadar, Chairman and CSO of HCL Technologies
- K. Pandiarajan, founder Director of Mafoi Consultants
- Sundaram Karivardhan, motor sport legend
- "Best Engineering colleges 2012". India Today. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey 2012" (PDF). Competition Success Review (Competition Success Review and the Global Human Resources Development Centre): 1–6. July 2012.
- "Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009" (PDF). Mint. 23 June 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- "Outstanding Alumni Award" (PDF).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: PSG College of Technology|