PSNA College of Engineering and Technology
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (November 2011)|
|PSNA College of Engineering & Technology|
|ப.ஸ்ரீ.ந.அ. பொறியியல் மற்றும் தொழிநுட்பக் கல்லூரி|
|Motto||Trust in God|
|Established||1984 by R.S.Kothandaraman|
|Affiliation||Anna University, Chennai|
|Location||Kothandaraman Nagar, NH 209, Dindigul, Tamil Nadu, India
- 1 History
- 2 Location
- 3 Programmes offered
- 4 Central library
- 5 Placement cell
- 6 Institutional membership
- 7 Special award
- 8 References
- 9 External links
The College was founded in 1984 by the late Thiru R.S. Kothandaraman. The college functions under the aegis of Sri Ranga
U.G. degree programmes
- Computer science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bio-Medical and Engineering
B.E. and prince. (3 years)
- Diploma Holders can join dire in second year
P.G. degree programmes
- M.E. Computer Science & Engineering (2 years)
- M.E. Power Electronics & Drives (2 years)
- M.E. Computer & Communication (2 years)
- M.E. Applied Electronics (2 years)
- M.E. (VLSI Design) (2 years)
- M.Tech (Remote Sensing) (2 years)
- M.E. Structural Engineering (2 years)
- M.E. Engineering Design (2 years)
- M.B.A. (2 years)
- M.C.A. (3 years)
- Mechanical Engineering (UG)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (UG)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (UG)
- Computer science and Engineering (UG)
- Civil Engineering (UG)
- M.B.A (PG)
The library was established in the year 1984 and now it is functioning in a separate building having a built up area of 2502 Sq.m and it has a seating capacity of 309. In addition to the Central Library, there are 13 departmental libraries are functioning in each department which borrow books from the main library for quick reference. The library has 84023 volumes in 37611 titles of books covering all disciplines of engineering and technology, science and humanities, management studies and computer applications. The library has a collection of more than 10,000 digital materials which includes educational oriented CDs, floppies, audio cassettes, video cassettes, e-books, monographs and NPTEL videos. The library currently subscribes more than 7,349 scholarly journals under AICTE INDEST consortium. The library provides online access to a large number of open source journals and books from various leading publishers and it has been hyperlinked to our digital library for quick reference. Apart from e-journal subscription, the library also subscribes 159 print versions of journals. The Library will function throughout the year except government holidays; it will be kept open from 8.30 AM to 8.00 PM on weekdays and 9.00 AM to 4.30 PM on Sundays.
PSNACET Library Services
The library provides various services such as:
- Modern digital library with multimedia
- NPTEL & Educational Oriented Videos.
- Reprographic, Scanning & Printing facility.
- Audio visual facilities
- E-Books & E-journals.
- Downloadable and Copying facility
- OPAC (Online Public Access Cataloging).
- Self-renewal and reservation of books.
- CD ROM lending services.
- Inter – Library loan.
- Library automation with standard software.
- Computerized indexing & Abstracting.
- Standard Classification & Cataloging of resources
- Back volumes of journals and magazines.
- Open access facility for all resources.
- Abstracts and New Arrival Display
- Every year organizing book exhibition.
- News papers clipping.
- Facility for book Suggestion and feedback for users.
- Power back up (UPS).
- Library services through Internet and Intranet.
- Drinking water (Normal-Hot-Cold).
- Fire safety measures.
- Air-conditioned facility.
Department Wise Library Collection of books Titles & Volumes
- B.E. Civil Engineering *3468 *7664
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering 3524 9898
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering 2965 7290
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering 4198 9611
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering 3659 7698
- B. Tech. Information Technology 2773 5762
- B.E. Biomedical Engineering 1194 2620
- M. Tech Remote Sensing 505 915
- M.E. Structural Engineering 119 173
- M.E. Engineering Design 110 135
- M.E. Power Electronics & Drives 535 1323
- M.E. VLSI Design 490 860
- M.E. Applied Electronics 772 1406
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering 843 1428
- M.E. Computer Communication 721 1231
- Master of Business Administration 6250 13645
- Master of Computer Applications 3618 8464
- Science and Humanities 1867 3900
Total 37611 84023
About our Librarian
The Library is headed by our Librarian Dr.G.Sivakumar who is most helpful person in our college campus. Whenever we ask any study material, he will provide immediately without any restriction. He is a good and dynamic person.Our Library also build with quality of library staff.
Our Digital Library which he maintained is good resource to us, particularly previous year question papers and e-books.
List of Digital Collections available
- E-Books and E-Journals
- NPTEL Videos and Educational oriented Videos
- Anna University Previous Year Question Papers
- Personality Development and Motivational Videos
- Audio Books
- ASTM Symposium Papers
- Spoken English & Grammar Videos
- Placement and Interview Tips Videos
- Tamil Books
- Bureau of Indian Standard Code Books
- TEDx Videos
- Utility Software
- PSNA CET Faculty Publications
- Department wise Syllabus of Anna University
- Useful Web links
- Online Tamil and Indian Language Dictionaries
- AICTE Hand Books
- NEWS about PSNA CET in Dailies
- Course Materials
- Job Interview Questions & Answers
- Photo Gallery
- Solved Question and Answers
- Downloads various application forms
- Link to All Indian Language News Papers
Link to Higher Education TV Channels Staff Telephone Directory Link to Open Access Journals
The above collections can browse only in intranet
- Click here to PSNA College of Engineering and Technology-Home Page
- Click here to PSNA College Digital Library-Home Page
The placement cell is headed by a full-time placement officer with responsibilities such as arranging
- On-Campus and Off Campus Placements
- In plant training
- Industrial visits for both students and faculty
- Project work
- Career guidance programmes
Besides, the cell arranges programs to improve the personality and communication skills of students.
The cell also periodically conducts Aptitude test, Group discussions, Mock interviews and technical tests. Guidance is also offered for pursuing higher studies and research both in India and abroad.
- American Information Resource Center, Chennai
- IEEE (Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- British Council Library, Chennai
- The Energy Research Institute (TERI), New Delhi
- AICTE - INDEST CONSORTIUM, New Delhi
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Informs, USA
- Anna University
- Tamilarasu, Chennai
Received Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan - National Award (2007) from Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) for an Engineering College having Best Overall Performance. This is jointly awarded to this college and P.S.G. College of Technology Coimbatore