PT Industri Kereta Api
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2011)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Industry||Rail transport, land transport|
|Predecessor(s)||Balai Yasa Lokomotif Uap|
|Founded||19 August 1981|
|Headquarters||Madiun, East Java, Indonesia|
|Key people||Bistok Simbolon, SH. MH. (President Commissioner), Ir. R. Agus H Purnomo (President Director)|
|Services||Railway rolling stock, mass transportation|
PT. Industri Kereta Api Indonesia, abbreviated as INKA, is a Government-owned corporation which was formed on 19 August 1981 as the successor of Balai Yasa Lokomotif Uap (steam locomotive maintenance depot) owned by Perusahaan Jawatan Kereta Api (now PT Kereta Api) in Madiun, East Java, Indonesia. As of mid-1970s, steam locomotives are no longer used in Indonesia and the defunct depot was then converted into a railway rolling stock manufacturer.
The business activity of PT. Industri Kereta Api Indonesia is growing from basic product to the higher value added product and services in railway and transportation business. The mission on business and technology competitiveness creation in railway and transportation products is focussed to dominate domestic market and to win competition in ASEAN region and developing countries.
High demand intercity railway is increasing in the high density region in the archipelago countries. New passenger coaches were introduced to capture the niche market with quality of services. In the beginning, value migration was created to absorb middle class passenger mobility. The next step development is prepared to adapt newest technology for diesel electric railcar on the medium distance railway corridor.
Those new technology is upgraded from the development of commuter electric railcar using light weight stainless steel carbody and modern AC traction control with IGBT VVVF inverter. Commuter railcar is the best solution for public urban transport. Based on experiences in commuter services, the modern electric railcar will be soon developed to more reliable design for future mass rapid transit.
In the developing countries, railway is expected to be backbone of land transportation. The large scale mining and industry commodities are better carried by bulk rail wagon. Various design of freight wagon can adapt the special demand of handling and higher capacity such as 18 ton axle load in the coal and pulp transportation. On the other hand, the modern container flat wagon is designed for speed up 100 km/h and light weight requirement.
The new railway line and double track projects in developing countries are increasing to cope the potential demand of goods transport as well as to improve line capacity. High quality hopper wagon and multi purpose track maintenance car is usually required in small lot. New approach on mutual collaboration with railway consultant and civil contractor will overcome an efficient turnkey project especially for plantation and mining area.
Without much publicity, PT. INKA has been producing a variety of locomotive, train, and car. Many of them are made in cooperation, there is also a body of a car and they were over. Some products even have been exported to foreign countries. With stiff competition between rail and air transportation in recent years, PT Inka is facing an increasingly tough domestic market.
List of products
- 1982 – First production boxcar
- 1985 – First production of passenger coaches
- 1987 – First electric railcar assembly & product diversification
- 1991 – First wagon freight exports to Malaysia (KTMB)
- 1994 – First electric railcar production VVVF
- 1995 – First launch train Argo Bromo
- 1996 – First production of locomotives (GE Lokindo) & export to the Philippines
- 1997 – Launch of First train Argo Bromo Orchid (leasing scheme)
- 1998 – First export to Thailand Ballast Hopper Wagon
- 2001 – First launch of Electric Railcar Indonesia (INKA design)
- 2002 – Export Power Station Wagon and Bogie Reefer Flat Car to Malaysia
- 2004 – Export Container Wagon body & Blizzard Center sills to Australia
- 2006 – 50 units BG Vehicle Exports to Bangladesh
- 2007 – Contract signed a trainset DEMU for Aceh and Railbus to Palembang. Finish Baggage Car
- 2008 – Launch of First in Indonesia, Bus KRDI Rail (for Aceh and Java)
- 2010 – The launch of production of the economic train locomotive AC Bogowonto and 5 CC204
- 2011 – Production for Solo Railbus
In addition, PT. INKA is also pioneering the production of a national car called GEA (short for Gulirkan Energi Alternatif) and a prototype was created in 2008. In 2009, GEA began using the machine developed by BPPT, Rusnas, after previously using Chinese machinery. Carburator is the only imported component in the 2009 prototype.
- (Indonesian) "India Rilis Mobil Supermurah Tata Nano, Kita Punya GEA", 27 March 2009. Retrieved 30 March 2011.