P D'Mello Road
|P D'Mello Road|
|Maintained by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation|
|Length:||6 km (4 mi)|
|North end:||Barrister Nath Pai Marg and
Dockyard Road in Byculla
|Eastern Freeway in Wadi Bandar
Carnac Bridge in Masjid Bandar
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Road in Dana Bandar
|South end:||Colaba Causeway in Fort|
P D'Mello Road is a 6 km long arterial north-south access road in Mumbai. P D'Mello Road is the name of the 6km stretch between the south-end of the Eastern Freeway and the north-end of the Colaba Causeway. The road comes under Mumbai's B Ward.
The BMC began clearing slums in May 2007. The road was widened and the footpath was made narrower in an effort to keep the shanties from being rebuilt. The total cost for the widening was estimated to be ₹51 crore (US$8.1 million).
- Shalini Nair (2007-05-09). "Hope to see you again, D'Mello". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "Tanker breakdown clogs P D’Mello Road for 12 hours". The Indian Express. 2011-09-08. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Mateen Hafeez (2009-05-07). "Less chaos on P D'Mello road". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Pal, Somita (2010-09-04). "These potholes won't be repaired". Mid-day.com. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Chittaranjan Tembhekar (2009-04-05). "2.83 lakh vehicles ply Mumbai's roads daily". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- "Raze slums in two yrs: CM". The Times of India. TNN. 2006-05-12. Retrieved 2013-06-26.
- Pandurang Mhaske (2011-07-11). "P D'Mello Road to be widened by 1.5mts". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2013-06-26.