Paavai Engineering College
|Paavai Engineering College|
|Motto||Prosper Excel Conquer|
|Type||Education and research institution|
|Principal||Dr. K.K. RAMASAMY|
|Location||Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||12.18 acres (0.0493 km2)|
Paavai Engineering College (PEC) is a college established in 2001 at Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India. It is affiliated to Anna University and part of the Paavai Institutions along with Paavai College of Engineering, Pavai College of Technology and Paavai School of Engineering. It is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Paavai Engineering College started in 2001. Before that Paavai Polytechnic college was started in Paavai Institutions in 1998. The first batch passed out in 2005.
There are six Undergraduate departments, granting BE in Civil Engineering, Computers Science Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering. The first four courses are accredited by the NBA. Postgraduate courses, granting ME are taught in Computer Science, Engineering Design, Power Electronics & Drivers and VLSI Design. PEC's Applied Sciences department grants a B.Sc in Computer Technology (3-year program) and an M.Sc in Software engineering (5-year program). PEC also grants degrees for Master Of Computer Application and Master Of Business Administration.
65% of the students are admitted through Anna University single window counseling and the rest are through entrance exams (PEEE).
The six BE departments are conducting national level technical symposia every year, namely Framers (Civil Engineering), Vogue Zenith (Computers Science Engineering), Excitron (Electrical & Electronics Engineering), Gliterz (Information Technology), Plasma (Mechanical Engineering) and Vibrantz (Electronics & Communication Engineering).
Vintage cars were displayed during the Mechanical Engineering department's symposium "Plasma 2008" in 2008.
- 2008- 3rd graduation day ceremony was held.Dr.C.Subramaniam,Vice-chancellor, Tamil University, Thanjavur was the chief guest.
- 2009- 4th graduation day ceremony was held in March. VIT University Chancellor G. Viswanathan was chief guest.
- 2010- 5th graduation day ceremony was held in March.M.Thangaraju, Periyar University Vice-Chancellor, was the chief guest for the graduation day.Mupperum Vizha, Graduation Day, Toppers Noon and Cultural Festival of Paavai Educational Institutions were celebrated. Society of Civil Engineers (SCE) was inaugurated . Post Graduate programmes in the institutions of Paavai Educational Group was inaugurated by K.Karunakaran, Vice-Chancellor, Anna University of Technology, Coimbatore.
- 2011- 6th graduation day ceremony was held in March.SRM University Chancellor and Founder of Indiya Jananayaka Katchi (IJK) T.R. Pachamuthu was the chief guest. BusinessLine Club was launched in October.
- 2012-The 11th annual day of PEC was organised in February.Poet, orator and writer Kabilan Vairamuthu was the chief guest. The seventh graduation day was held in May.P. Mannar Jawahar, Vice-Chancellor, Anna University, Chennai was the chief guest.
- 2014- The 13th annual day was held on 6 February 2014. Kiran Bedi was the chief guest.
Placements at PEC
PEC reported a notable increase in placements in the academic year 2006−2007. In January 2006,a job fair war held in Paavai Institutuons in which companies including MPhasis, Hurix Systems, HCL, SPI Technologies and KGISL participated in the fair. One company that conducted a recruitment drive at the campus in 2007 was Chennai-based Care Voyant Technologies.
- [dead link]
- "Paavai Engineering College Website". Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "Applied Science department". Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Vintage cars displayed in Namakkal". hindu.com. September 29, 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- [dead link]
- "'Enhance quality of school education'. | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Business.highbeam.com. 2009-03-29. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Education Plus : Campus Connect". The Hindu. 2010-03-29. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Special Correspondent (2010-08-16). "FEATURES / EDUCATION PLUS : Drive mechanism system will help develop the efficiency of a vehicle". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Tamil Nadu News : Go beyond your textbooks, says Anna University Vice-Chancellor". The Hindu. 2010-09-11. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Tamil Nadu News : Young people urged to involve themselves in ‘part-time' politics". The Hindu. 2011-03-06. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "NATIONAL / TAMIL NADU : BusinessLine Club launched at Paavai". The Hindu. 2011-10-28. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "FEATURES / EDUCATION PLUS : ‘Spread awareness on blood donation'". The Hindu. 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "MISCELLANEOUS / OTHERS : ‘Educational institutions should instil knowledge, good character in students'". The Hindu. 2012-05-06. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "NATIONAL / TAMIL NADU : Engineering applications to be issued from May 11". The Hindu. 2012-05-06. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Placement Record Engineering Colleges Campus Placement Information Technology Placement Training Emerging Technologies". winentrance.com. 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
- "Front Page : Placement record up in engineering colleges". The Hindu. 2007-04-16. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Appointment letters given
- "The Hindu : Education Plus Madurai : ‘Develop skills in chosen domains’ Campus Connect". hindu.com. July 16, 2007. Retrieved 20 February 2011.