Pablo Zalba Bidegain
|Pablo Zalba Bidegain|
28 January 1975 |
In 1998 he began working at Arcelor Mittal, both at its headquarters in Madrid and Pamplona, where he was active as head of International Business Development in the Construction Unit. From 2005 to 2009 he worked in Sic Lazaro in Pamplona as a Sales and Business Developer.
In 2008 he participated in the reconstitution of the Navarre Popular Party as a member of its Executive Committee and was elected a Member of the European Parliament for the party in June 2009. He was Vice-President of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament and a member of the Delegation for relations with the People's Republic of China. He was also Vice-President of the Youth and Friends of Free Cuba Intergroups.
Zalba had a very important role in the approval of the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the European Union and South Korea. He introduced safeguard measures to protect Europe's most sensitive sectors. The agreement came into force on 1 July 2011. Zalba was also the promoter of the Chamber of Commerce Korea-Spain with former Minister Josep Pique.
On 25 September 2012, he was awarded the 2012 MEP Awards (MEP of the Year) in the category of Commerce for his work on the FTA EU-Korea. Parliament Magazine together with PlasticsEurope, an industry association, presents these awards each year to MEPs who have excelled in different areas of legislation.
In addition, the Vice-President of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee is member of the Advisory Board of the European Young Innovation Forum, a European nonprofit association that promotes entrepreneurship and innovation in society, especially among young people 
On 25 May 2014, he was re-elected Member of the European Parliament, from 2014 to 2019. Nowadays he is EPP Vicecoordinator of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee. Zalba is also a substitute member of the International Trade Committee.
Zalba is Vice-President of the steering committee of the Parliamentary Conference on the World Trade Organization, coordinator of the EPP Group Young Members Network. and Vice-President of SME Europe.
"Reflexiones europeas a mitad de camino. Una visión sobre Europa". Preface by José Manuel García-Margallo, Spain's Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation. The book was presented in Pamplona in 2014.
"Retos y logros en las relaciones de la UE con América Latina", Pablo Zalba and Julián Conthe, 2013
Seminars and symposiums
- "Iberian Conference on Europe Recovery and economic perspectives". June 2014, Madrid
- "Spain on the road to recovery?", London School of Economics (LSE). March 2014, London
- "Pablo Zalba Bidegain". Europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Economic and Monetary Affairs - Members". Europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "La UE pacta medidas de salvaguardia en un acuerdo comercial con Corea del Sur". Noticias SIN. 2010-12-20. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Annual Report on the Implementation of the EU Korea Free Trade Agreement". Trade.ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Entra en vigor el Tratado de Libre Comercio entre UE y Corea del Sur - La Razón digital". Larazon.es. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "El eurodiputado Pablo Zalba es el promotor de la Cámara de Comercio España-Corea con el ex ministro Piqué al frente | La Celosía". Lacelosia.com. 2012-06-27. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Zalba sustituye a García-Margallo como vicepresidente de la Comisión de Asuntos Económico de la UE". ABC.es. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "MEP awards 2012 winners announced". theparliament.com. 2012-09-26. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "World Trade Organization - Home page". Wto.org. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "MEPs back two major pacts with Latin America". Europarl.europa.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "European Young Innovators Forum". Eyif.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Pablo Zalba, nuevo coordinador de la red de jóvenes miembros del Grupo Popular Europeo". Expansion.com. 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "XXX – About Us - SME Europe". Smeeurope.eu. Retrieved 2013-08-19.