From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Pac-Man in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pac-Man is a popular 1980 arcade game by Namco and the name of its titular character.
Pac-Man may also refer to:
- Pac-Man (Atari 2600), a famous 1982 port of the arcade game for the Atari 2600
- Pac-Man (character), the titular protagonist of the franchise
- Pac-Man (series), the original game and its sequels and spinoffs
- Pac-Man (TV series), the short-lived cartoon series
- Pac-Man (album), the 1992 EP produced by Aphex Twin (Richard D. James) under the Power Pill alias, which sampled heavily from the game's audio
- "Pacman", an unreleased song by "Weird Al" Yankovic, and a parody of The Beatles' song "Taxman"
- Pacman, the Drosophila melanogaster orthologue of the exoribonuclease enzyme XRN1
- Pacman frog, the name given to several varieties of frog with large mouths and abdomens
- Pacman Nebula, a region of space formally known as NCG 281
- Lilac chaser, an optical phenomenon also known as the Pacman illusion
- Pac-Man defense, a legal strategy where a smaller company fights off a takeover by purchasing the larger company
- Pacman (package manager), the package management system of Arch Linux
- slang for a coin acceptor
- The codename of a covert propaganda operation undertaken by the South African military to discredit the anti-apartheid movement by the International Freedom Foundation
- Operation Pacman, a campaign enacted by the New Zealand Ministry of Fisheries in 2002 to apprehend illegal paua and rock lobster poachers
- Team Pacman, a wrestling team
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, an animated television series
Pac-Man is often used as a nickname to refer to the following people:
- Manny Pacquiao (born 1978), Filipino boxer and politician
- Adam Jones (American football) (born 1983), National Football League player
- MC PacMan, a member of Portuguese hip-hop group Da Weasel
- Danny McGavin, a fictional police officer portrayed by Sean Penn in the 1988 film Colors
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pac-Man.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.