Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
|Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures|
Promotional concept art featuring Pac-Man, Spiral, and Cylindria
|Developed by||Tom Ruegger
|Written by||Tom Ruegger
Sean Catherine Derek
|Directed by||Moto Sakakibara|
|Voices of||Erin Mathews
Ian James Corlett
|Theme music composer||William Kevin Anderson
(includes bits of original theme by Toshio Kai)
Lyrics by Avi Arad
|Opening theme||Pac is Back, performed by Zachary Lobertini|
|Country of origin||United States
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||26 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Avi Arad
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||41 Entertainment
Namco Bandai Games
OLM Digital Inc.
Sprite Animation Studios
|Original channel||YTV (Canada)
Disney XD (USA)
Disney XD, Sky1 (UK)
Canal J (France)
Canal Panda (Spain)
|First shown in||United States|
|Original run||June 15, 2013 – present|
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is a Japanese/Canadian/American computer-animated television series in production by 41 Entertainment, Arad Productions Inc. and Namco Bandai Games for YTV and Disney XD. The series first aired on June 15, 2013 on Disney XD in the US and on June 22, 2013 on YTV in Canada, and is being produced by Avi Arad. The series will be presented in stereoscopic 3D. A video game based on the series was released on October 29, 2013. The series is rated TV-Y7.
The series follows Pac-Man, along with his friends Cylindria and Spiral helps protect Pac-World from the threat of Ghosts after the seal that locked up the Netherworld was accidentally opened. Pac-Man also have four friendly ghosts that surrendered and vowed to help along his voyage. Pac-Man vows to stop Betrayus and the ghosts from taking over Pac-World.
- Pac/Pac-Man (voiced by Erin Mathews in the TV series, Erica Mendez in the video game) - The last of the yellow Pac-People who is the main protagonist of the series. Pac's father Zac helped in the war against Commander Betrayus (the leader of the ghosts). Pacster is also an orphan that just found out that it's his destiny to defeat the Ghosts and send Betrayus back to the Netherworld permanently. He feels lonely because he's the only Yellow One in Pac-World and he misses his parents very badly. He's guilt-ridden because he unleashed the ghost by accident. However, the president and his friends tell Pac to get over his guilt and protect Pac-World from evil. He can eat ghosts just like the legendary Yellow Ones did back in ancient times. With the power of the berries (which are similar to Power Pellets) from the Tree of Life, he gains helpful abilities like withstanding the Netherworld's environment with the Power Berry, being able to fly upon eating the Flying Berry, breathe ice with the Minty Ice Berry, breathe fire with the Minty Fiery Berry, become cybernetic with a drill and magnet upon eating the Titanium Berry, gain a chameleon-like body upon eating the Chameleon Berry, etc.. Pac-Man is also the strongest and fastest Pac alive. With the help of his friends, Betrayus and the Ghost Gang (Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde), he's ready for action. Pac vows to stop Betrayus and the ghosts. Pac-Man has had a temporary truce with Betrayus like when it came to the Ghosteroid and the Pac-Aliens/Pointy-Heads.
- Cylindria/Cyli (voiced by Andrea Libman in the TV series, Sandy Fox in the video game) - The pink Pac-Girl with glasses. She's a bit of a tomboy. Cylindria is the brains of the team and she'll do anything to help her best friends Pacster and Spiral. She has a rivalry with Pinky, who has a crush on Pac-Man and thinks Cyli also has a crush on him and is unaware that they're just friends. She also has trouble trusting ghosts.
- Spiral (voiced by Samuel Vincent in the TV series, Vic Mignogna in the video game) - The big red Pac-Boy. Spiral is Pac's best friend. He and Pac share the same crazy personality and dorm. Spiral loves to blow things up and he's interested in the history of Pac-World. He and Inky have the same observant-brainy trait, but Spiral isn't as serious. He calls Pac by the nickname "Pac-ster".
- President Stratos Spheros (voiced by Samuel Vincent in the TV series, Steve Pinto in the video game) - The President of Pac-World, the son of Rotunda and the big brother of Betrayus. All he wants is for Pac and his friends to behave and stop Betrayus. He's easily annoyed with his security and staff constantly messing up and jumping on him for protection.
- Sir Cumference (voiced by Ian James Corlett in the TV series, David Lodge in the video game) - The goofy scientist who has personally met Pac's father and mother. Sir Cumference has crazy inventions that has helped Pac-Man and his friends on occasion. Sir C is in charge of the repository and knows the Tree of Life. He has rivalry with Dr. Buttocks.
- Skeebo (voiced by Matt Hill in the TV series, Lucien Dodge in the video game) - A blue pompous and foolish jock with freckles that constantly picks on Pac-Man for fun. He used to be Cylindria's boyfriend until he was too scared to save her from a Cyclops Ghost and she ends up being rescued by Pac.
- Aunt Spheria Suprema (voiced by Ashleigh Ball in the TV series) - An orange Pac-Person who happens to be Pac-Man's Aunt and speaks in a Southern accent. She is the Pac-Pong champ where she had once defeated Betrayus sometime before he led his revolt against Pac-World. She has a Pac-Dog named Uggles.
- Ms. Globular (voiced by Erin Mathews in the TV series, Rachel McCabe in the video game) - Pac-Man's teacher. She has a Pac-Dog named Foofie.
- Braces - Pac-Man's classmate. She is a pink Pac-Girl like Cylindria, but with a different hairstyle. She was nameless in the first 14 episodes of the show. Her name was revealed in "Driver's Pac" on a driver's card. Braces spoke a few times in some episodes.
- Zac - Pac-Man's father who was presumably killed during Betrayus' revolt. He may have been killed by the Pacinator or Apex.
- Sunny - Pac-Man's mother who was presumably killed during Betrayus' revolt. She might have been killed by the Pacinator or Apex.
- Kingpin Obtuse (voiced by Lee Tockar) - A dark green crime lord of Pac-World's criminal underworld. He was paid by Lord Betrayus where he tricked Skeebo into stealing Pac-Man's Super Power Berries.
- Mr. Strictler - A light blue teacher/authority who only appears in "Driver's Pac". He is Braces' father.
- The Pacinator - A villainous Pac-Person (like Kingpin Obtuse) that was responsible for freezing and killing most of the Yellow Ones. Pac-Man gets personal with him because of what he did with the other Yellow Ones. The Pacinator was hired to do this by a villain he thinks is more dangerous than Betrayus. It was discovered that he was hired by Apex.
- Mr. Dome (voiced by Ian James Corlett) - The gym teacher who taught Pac-Man and some students to be athletic in Phys Ed.
- Betrayus (voiced by Samuel Vincent in the TV series, Russell Jimmies in the video game) - The Lord of the Ghosts and the Netherworld who serves as the main antagonist of the series. He is also President Spheros' little brother and the son of Rotunda even when he was still a Pac-Person. Back when he was a commander, Betrayus once led a massive revolt against Pac-World in a plot to take over Pac-World. During this revolt and despite the fact that he had Ghosts serving him and the fact that he was well-armed, he was defeated. As punishment for his crimes, he was unusually stripped of his corporeal form and then he was banished to the Netherworld. Since then, he has been waiting and plotting for the day when he can gain revenge on the Pac-People and obtain the Repository so that he can regain his corporal form. He is the powerful fire ghost with his fiery claw hands. Unlike the other ghosts, he's white with red eyes. Betrayus makes all his Ghosts and Monsters of the Netherworld do all the hard work while he watches the action from his TV. Betrayus has vowed to defeat Pac while plotting to steal the Power Berries. Betrayus has a temporary truce with Pac-Man like when it came to the Ghosteroid and the Pac-Aliens and was only eaten once.
- Ghost Gang - A family of four from the original arcade game. Though they live in the Netherworld and are ruled by Lord Betrayus, they are actually good-natured spirits and secretly help Pac-Man in hopes that they can be redeemed enough to live again.:
- Blinky (voiced by Ian James Corlett in the TV series, Lucien Dodge in the video game) - The red ghost and the second oldest of the Ghost Gang Family. He's the default leader of the group, which differs greatly from his 1980s scaredy-cat counterpart. Also, he's crafty and can't always be trusted. He might act mean, but he deeply cares about his friends; however, he might only be helping the Pacs because he likes to stay on the winning team.
- Inky (voiced by Lee Tockar in the TV series, Bryce Papenbrook in the video game) - The blue ghost and the youngest in the Ghost Gang Family. He and Blinky are close pals, though they fight sometimes. Although he is the smartest and most sarcastic of the four, he is easily distracted and lacks focus most of the time, with Blinky saying that [Inky] can "get lost in a thought". He has a habit of snorting when he laughs sometimes and had once shown the ability to multiply.
- Pinky (voiced by Ashleigh Ball in the TV series, Julie Maddalena in the video game) - The pink ghost and the third oldest in the Ghost Gang Family. She has a huge crush on Pac-Man (like in Pac-Man World 2). She dislikes Cylindria because they got off on the wrong foot and she thinks Cyli might also have a crush on Pac-Man and doesn't know that they're just friends. Despite the ghosts' fear of Betrayus, Pinky is often the sole member of the gang who is willing to go out of her way to help Pac in the more risky situations. In the episode "Stand By Your Pac-Man," she revealed that she can transform into a pink cyclops ghost.
- Clyde (voiced by Brian Drummond in the TV series, Orion Acaba in the video game) - The orange ghost. He is the largest, strongest and oldest in the family. He's the most caring member of the group, and although he often seems like a dim-witted ditz, he often comes up with pearls of great wisdom. Clyde has a soft side for soft and sweet things like Fuzbits. Blinky gets annoyed with this. Clyde and Pac-Man also share the same characteristics when it comes to eating. Clyde is the peacekeeper of the Ghost Gang as well as the moral compass in helping Pac and his friends, although he is not above clanging heads together when necessary as Inky and Blinky have discovered. He can also speak nine languages, including monster.
- Butt-ler (voiced by Brian Drummond in the TV series) - Betrayus' servant and butler. Like his twin brother Dr. Buttocks, he is a purple-gray Ghost with a butt-shaped head. During the Pac-War, he was known as Corporal Heineyhead and worked as a spy for Betrayus. He hates his twin brother, Dr. Buttocks. Butt-ler hated his twin brother pleasing his master.
- Dr. Buttocks (voiced by Brian Drummond in the TV series) - The Netherworld's evil greatest mad scientist and Butt-ler's twin brother with a cybernetic right hand. He specializes in monster experimentation in hopes of achieving Pac-World domination. He sometimes suspects that the Ghost Gang are working with Pac-Man, but has had no luck convincing Betrayus of this since he usually blames him for his failures. He wants all of the workers to get out of his way. He sometimes hates his twin brother, Butt-ler and has a rivalry with Sir Cumference.
- Glooky - A green Ghost with a squint in his left eye. He is a friend of Blinky.
- Mavis - An orange female Ghost.
- Specter - A ghost spy who works for Betrayus ordered to get the repository and is stronger than the other ghosts. He easily outsmarts Pac by possessing Uggles and other Pac people, including his friends, Spiral and Cylindria. He was actually revealed to be a traitor and wanted to rule both Pac-World and the Netherworld but is exposed. Buttocks has shown some jealousy to him.
- Fred - Fred is a white ghost that was used as a flag.
- Cyclops Ghost (voiced by Lee Tockar) - A race of heavyset Ghosts with one eye and three horns. These ghosts are a bit like thugs.
- Fire Ghosts - A race of orange Ghosts who can emit fire from their body. Pac-Man can only eat them if he has ice powers.
- Ice Ghosts - A race of blue Ghosts who can emit ice from their body. They first appeared in "A Berry Scary Night".
- Tentacle Ghosts - A race of 4-eyed purple-black Ghosts who look similar to an octopus.
- Guardian Ghosts - A race of large Ghosts who guard the Netherworld. They seem to wear metal masks, have glowing cyan-blue eyes, and usually carry a staff.
- Aqua Ghosts - A race of light blue Ghosts with fins on their head. They first appeared in the episode "Heebo-Skeebo."
- Drill-Bit Ghosts - A race of Ghosts that have drill bits on their heads. They are always frightened.
- Alien Ghosts - A race of Ghosts that live on the Ghosteroid.
- Ghosteroid - A planetoid ghost.
- Ghost Sharks - A race of ghostly sharks that reside in the waters of PacLantis and guard the Berry of Youth. They first appeared in "PacLantis."
- Apex - A evil strange mysterious Pac-Alien/Pointy Head overlord who used a ruse to come in peace to Pac-World so that he can take over it and was also the one who hired the Pacinator to help him. During his ruse, he demonstrated abilities that outdid Pac-Man. When Apex's motives have been revealed, Pac-Man ends up fighting Apex and defeats him with his bad singing. Before retreating from Pac-World, Apex revealed that he had met Pac-Man's father Zac at some point. In "Invasion of the Pointy Heads," Apex returns where he strikes a deal with Betrayus to take over Pac-World. He eventually turned against Betrayus in order to further his goals and revealed that he was using him all this time. Apex and his fleet were repelled when Betrayus and his Ghosts allowed themselves to be eaten by Pac-Man since the Pac-Aliens can't stand belched eyeballs. Before Apex joins in the retreat, Apex hints that he has Pac-Man's parents.
- Madame Ghoulasha (voiced by Kathleen Barr) - A warty nether-witch who has a crush on Betrayus and offered to put a jinx on Pac-Man in exchange for him marrying her but he refused and Buttocks ends up as her bride
- Count Pacula (voiced by Lee Tockar) - A villainous creature from the Netherworld with an appearance that resembles a Pac-Person. Count Pacula can only be summoned when two moons turn blue every 100 Halloweens. He only appears in "A Berry Scary Night" where he tries to hypnotize the Pac-Worlders and Ghosts. Count Pacula has a weakness to the Garlic Berry. Like the version that was seen in the 80s' Pac-Man cartoon, Count Pacula is a spoof of Count Dracula.
- Grinder- Grinder is Sir Cumference's Lab Assistant robot made by Sir Cumference.
- Fluffy - A giant poodle. Although it may sound sweet, when you anger it, it will turn into a very mean monster. This "Poodle" has three heads like a Cerberus. When they are actually nice, the middle one has a soft side and sends get well cards to his victims. Pinky is usually the one to bribe Fluffy when Pac-Man needs to pass by. This reflects off of Pinky's crush on Pac-Man.
- Fuzbitz (voiced by Lee Tockar) - Sir Cumference's pet monster. He has a similar appetite to Pac. When angry he turns into a more ferocious version of himself. Despite this ability, Betrayus and Dr. Buttocks thought he was useless back when Fuzbitz lived in the Netherworld. He now lives with Sir Cumference in his lab after proving that he was too much for Pac-man and his friends to handle.
- Gargoyles - Large, heavy-set blue monsters with three eyes and small wings.
- Slugs - Betrayus uses these to spy on Pac-World. It is also revealed that they have names.
- Pac-Dragons - The Pac-Dragons are one-eyed dragons that live in the Netherworld.
- Stalkers - A black medium sized monster with 2 legs, a long eel-like body, and multi-eyed face full of sharp teeth. Despite its ferocious appearance, its actually quite wimpy.
- Venus Dragon Flytraps - Large carnivorous plants that are indigenous to the Netherworld.
- Monobats - A race of one-eyed bats.
- Stone Temple Guardians - Giant statues that serve as the guardians of a temple of slime.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)|
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||26 ||June 15, 2013||November 9, 2013|
|2||26 ||Spring 2014||TBA|
- Erin Mathews - Pac/Pac-Man, Ms. Globular
- Ashleigh Ball as Pinky, Aunt Spheria Suprema
- Ian James Corlett - Blinky, Sir Cumference, Short Fed, Mr. Dome
- Brian Drummond - Clyde, Dr. Buttocks, Butt-ler, President Spheros' Aide
- Matt Hill - Skeebo
- Andrea Libman - Cylindria
- Lee Tockar - Inky, Cyclops Ghost, Fuzbits, Tall Fed, Kingpin Obtuse, Ogle, Count Pacula, Professor Pointybrains
- Samuel Vincent - Betrayus, Spiral, President Spheros
- Terry Klassen - Voice Director (ep. 3-)
- Tom Ruegger - Developer, Writer
- Paul Rugg - Developer, Writer
- Kris Zimmerman - Voice Director (ep. 1-2)
So far, there have been two DVD releases in Australia with still more to be released. The current releases in Australia are "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: The Adventure Begins", the first DVD release containing the first 6 episodes. The second release is "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Pac to the Future", which contains another 6 episodes. These were released in Australia on October 2, 2013. On January 7, 2014 in North America, there were four DVD releases. "The Adventure Begins" DVD only contains the first episode, where as the rest of the DVDs contain 4 episodes each. In order "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Pac is Back" (exclusive to Walmart) includes the first four episodes, "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: All You Can Eat" contains the four following episodes, and "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Let The Games Begin" (exclusive to Target) contains the four episodes that follow after. A fifth DVD entitled "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Ghost Patrol" will be released in North America on March 18, 2014. In addition, two additional DVDs, "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Indiana Pac and the Temple of Slime" and "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Mission Impacable!", each with three episodes, were released exclusively to Redbox. In the UK Clear Vision released episodes on DVD.
A 3D platform video game based on the series was developed by Namco Bandai Games and Namco for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Microsoft Windows, along with a side-scrolling platformer for Nintendo 3DS. These games were released in North America on October 29, 2013, November 2013 in Australia and in 2014 in Europe. Additionally, a side-scrolling runner-style title called Pac•Man Dash! was released on July 18, 2013 for iOS and Android devices. Characters from this series also make cameo appearances in Pac-Man Museum for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows.
- Everfree Network (2012-11-06). "William Anderson at Equestria L.A.". Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (OAD: 06/15/2013) - Zap2it TV Listings". Tvlistings.zap2it.com. 2013-06-15. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Pac-Man Returns to Television in 2013, and He's Bringing Friends". Kotaku.com. 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- by JC Fletcher on Feb 29th 2012 8:00PM (2012-02-29). "Pac-Man's 'Adventure Begins' next year in new animated series. Also Pac-Man is a kid and looks like a guy and sounds like an thing.". Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "41 Entertainment - Our Product". 41e.tv. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Pac-Man Cartoon Coming In 2012". Kotaku.com. 2010-07-09.
- "The Adventure Begins Part I".
- "Second Season for PAC-MAN".
- "Twitter / IanJames007: Correct. Erin=PacMan". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Twitter / SamVincent71: @jordanolling Wikipedia is". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Twitter / AndreaLibman: @tlarn guilty". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-26.
- "Twitter / leetockar: @jordanolling it's true!". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Twitter / SamVincent71: @jordanolling I play Betrayus". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "pac-man and the ghostly adventures - Reviews, Articles, People, Trailers and more at". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- Sanchez, David (5 December 2013). "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 3DS Review: Pac-Man deserves better, and so do we". GZ. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Official website
- Production website
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures at the Internet Movie Database
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures at Behind the Voice Actors
- Disney XD