Pace Gallery spaces
The Pace Gallery operates five locations in New York City: one in Midtown (32 East 57th Street, 2nd floor), and four in Chelsea (534 West 25th Street, 510 West 25th Street, 545 West 22nd Street, and most recently 508 West 25th Street). The fourth gallery at 510 West 25th Street opened in the fall of 2010 with the premier of the 50 Years at Pace anniversary exhibition. The fifth space at 508 West 25th Street was acquired in Fall of 2011.
From 1995 to 1999, the Pace Gallery operated a space in Los Angeles. The gallery announced the opening of a new space in London's Mayfair district in the Fall of 2010. The London location is the sixth exhibition space and second international venue for The Pace Gallery. Pace London opened its first exhibition of Sol LeWitt's wall drawings in Fall 2011. The Gallery also has a location in the 798 Art District in Beijing, called Pace Beijing, a 22,000-square-foot (2,000 m2) space. Pace Beijing has an independent program, though artists such as Zhang Xiaogang and Zhang Huan have exhibited in both the Beijing and New York galleries. In April 2014, Pace Gallery opened a temporary branch in Menlo Park, California, located in the former Tesla Motors headquarters. Later that year, yet another temporary space was opened in the historic Chesa Büsin in Zuoz, Switzerland.
Other galleries operating under Pace include Pace/MacGill Gallery, a photography gallery; Pace Prints and Pace Master Prints, which specialise in limited edition prints from the 15th to 21st centuries; and Pace Primitive, devoted to African, Himalayan, Oceanic and Native American tribal art.
From 1993 until April 1, 2010, the gallery became "PaceWildenstein," a joint business venture between the Pace Gallery (the modern and contemporary art gallery) and Wildenstein & Co. (a gallery specializing in old master painting). On April 1, 2010, the two companies decided to dissolve the joint venture after 17 years, and The Pace Gallery again operates independently.
Artists currently represented
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (April 2014)|
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (April 2014)|
- Zoë Lescaze (March 20, 2014), Pace Gallery Pops Up in Silicon Valley New York Observer.
- "Press Release: Sol LeWitt Wall Drawings 343". pacegallerylondon.com. October 2011.
- Vogel, Carol (2008-04-29). "Amid Asian Art Boom, Manhattan Gallery to Open Branch in Beijing". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Rowena Chiu (2010). "Pace Beijing – in conversation with Feng Huanian, Director". Glass Magazine (2): 186. ISSN 2041-6318.
- Swiss space for Pace The Art Newspaper, June 20, 2014.
- "Richard Misrach | Photography Exhibition at Pace Gallery, 534 West 25th Street". Pacemacgill.com. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Pace Editions, Inc. 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005. "Fine Art Contemporary & Modern Prints". Pace Prints. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Pace Editions, Inc. 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. "High Quality Master Prints". Pace Master Prints. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- "Pace Primitive". Pace Primitive. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Vogel, Carol (2010-04-01). "Inside Art - Pace and Wildenstein Are Two Galleries Again". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2010-06-23.