From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pacemaker in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An artificial cardiac pacemaker is a medical device which regulates the beating of the heart.
Pacemaker may also refer to:
- Biological pacemaker, the use of specialized cells to improve the regulation of the heart
- Brain pacemaker, a device to relieve depression, epilepsy, or other conditions
- Cardiac pacemaker, a group of cells within the heart that initiate contractions and set the pace of beating
- Diaphragmatic pacemaker, a device used to help patients breathe through pacing of the diaphragm
- Pacemaker (running), a runner who enters a race to set a fast pace for other competitors
- The Pacemaker, a pocket-sized DJ system
- National Pacemaker Awards, American awards for excellence in student journalism
- Pacemaker (software), a high-availability cluster resource manager
- Pacemaker (train), an American passenger train
- Pacemaker Entertainment, a Canadian record label, part of the Canadian Independent Record Production Association
- Pacemaker, a fictional talk-radio program Public Liberty Radio station in the Grand Theft Auto IV game soundtrack
- Pacemaker (novel), a medical thriller novel by Linda Brieno
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.