|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|Motto||Mens Agitat Molem|
|Motto in English||(Mind Moves Matter)|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Pachaiyappa's College is one of the oldest educational institutions in Chennai, in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The college was established as Pachaiyappa's Central Institution at Popham's Broadway on 1 January 1842, from money given in Pachaiyappa Mudaliar's will. It was the first Hindu educational institution in South India, which was not funded by the British. It gained college status in 1889, and until 1947 only admitted Hindu students.
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (June 2012)|
A listing of notable alumni is published by the college. Some of those named are:
- Kasu Brahmananda Reddy, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, 1964–71
- Murasoli Maran, politician
- Prof. K. Anbazhagan, politician
- Navalar Nedunchezhiyan, politician, Interim Chief minister, Minister for 25 years.
- E. V. K. Sampath, politician and one of the founders of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- C. Vijayaraghavachariar, former President of the Indian National Congress
- K. C. Reddy, first Chief Minister of old state of Mysore
- Boddepalli Rajagopala Rao, parliamentarian
- Pammal Sambandha Mudaliar, Tamil playwright
- Aru. Ramanathan, Tamil playwright
- Mamidipudi Venkatarangayya, history writer
- Vairamuthu, poet
- K. D. Thirunavukkarasu, Tamil scholar and Sahitya Akademi Award winner
- Tapi Dharma Rao, Telugu journalist and Sahitya Akademi Award winner
- R. S. Manohar, drama and Tamil cinema actor
- A. M. Rajah, yesteryears singer and Music Director
- D. Imman, Music Director
- Paravastu Chinnayya Soori, Telugu poet and Professor of Telugu Language
*M.B. Nirmal, Social Activist & Founder, ExNoRa International.
- Robin Singh, former Indian cricketer
- Bharath Reddy, former Indian cricketer
- C. R. Rangachari, former player, Indian cricket team
- "Pachaiyappa's College Alumni". Pachaiyappa's College. Retrieved 2012-03-20.