Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines
|Founded||9 October 1990|
|Hubs||Ninoy Aquino International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Clark International Airport|
|Headquarters||Pasay City, Philippines|
Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines, Inc. is a cargo airline based in the Philippines. The carrier serves domestic services from the Philippines with their Boeing 727-100 and 727-200 Freighter aircraft. The airline also has an agreement on selected routes flown by Air Philippines. PEAC was also an affiliate airline of TNT Airways, with PEAC operating TNT leased Bae 146 aircraft.
On October 9, 1990, Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines, Inc. (PEAC) was officially formed and on the 20th of December 1991 was granted a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) to operate scheduled international all-cargo services.
On the September 1, 1999, the airline came to a cargo agreement with local airline, Air Philippines. During 2002 the airline operated freighter flights to Hong Kong using A300F type aircraft leased from the Turkish Airline, MNG Airlines, freighter flights to Taipei using a Boeing 727F and domestic freighter flights to Cebu and Clark utilizing another B727 freighter.
Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines (PEAC) serves Domestic and Regional destinations around the Philippines and surrounding region with a fleet of 727 freighter aircraft. The airline also has an agreement with domestic carrier, Air Philippines, to codeshare selected cargo operations to airports that Air Philippines operates to. During a tie-up with TNT, PEAC leased four Bae 146 aircraft from TNT Airways, at the end of the lease in 1999 the aircraft where returned to Europe. The TNT-PEAC joint-venture also considered re-locating the airlines HUB from Manila's Ninoy Aquino International Airport to Nearby Olongapo's Subic Bay International Airport.
On June 2006, PEAC resumed its three times weekly Angeles-Clark (Angeles City) – Taipei all-cargo services utilizing a B727-200F freighter. This is in addition to PEAC’s five times weekly service between Cebu and Angeles-Clark utilizing a B727-100 freighter with aircraft registry RPC-5353, operating since 2002.
Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines (PEAC) serves the following Destinations (May, 2008). This also includes Cargo flights with their Air Philippines Agreement. The Airline also offers its 727 aircraft for charter services.
Republic of China (Taiwan)
As of May 2008 the Pacific East Asia Cargo fleet includes:
Accidents and incidents
- On 21 April 2010, Flight 7815, operated by Antonov An-12 UP-AN216 crashed on approach to Clark International Airport, Philippines after a fire broke out in flight.
- PEAC History
- TNT opens Asian cargo hub in Manila
- Kitty Hawk Inc
- Give PEAC a chance, says carrier
- Bae 146 - News Archive 1999
- Taking over
- PEAC Resumes CRK ops
- Domestic Schedule
- PEAC Charter
- Air Philippines/PEAC Air Agreement routes
- PEAC Domestic Freighter Flights
- PEAC Regional Freighter Flights
- Explosive Progress by TNT
- Flight International, 3–9 October 2006
- Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines 727-223(F) - RP-C5355 - 2008
- PEAC Aircraft Gallery
- TNT considers Subic Bay tie-up with FedEx
- Pacific East Asia Cargo Airlines Fleet History
- BAe 146/Avro RJ Operators
- Details and Fleet History
- "Crash: ATMA AN12 at Mexico on Apr 21st 2010, fire on board". Aviation Herald. Retrieved 22 April 2010.