Pacific East Mall
The main entrance to the mall
|Developer||Pacific Infinity Co. Inc.|
|Owner||Regency Centers Corporation|
|No. of stores and services||52|
|No. of anchor tenants||1|
|No. of floors||2|
The mall opened in 1998 in Richmond's Richmond Annex neighborhood but straddling the El Cerrito border at a former Breuner's location. The commercial center's largest tenant is a 99 Ranch Supermarket, and the rest of the mall is flanked by shops, restaurants, boutiques, and services such as tax and beauty, owned and operated by Asians, particularly Taiwanese, Japanese, Filipino, and Korean. There are also fast food restaurants and Starbucks. The Asian Pearl Seafood Restaurant is popular amongst family diners.
The mall is located along Pierce Street a frontage road that runs parallel to Interstate 80/580. The closest entrance and arterial is Central Avenue that connects the mall with San Pablo Avenue. There is also public transit access with AC Transit route 25.
In 2007, a murder took place near the mall.
Cerrito Creek lies adjacent to Pacific East Mall and runs through a portion of the parking lot. The president of Friends of Five Creeks, a local environmental organization, has criticized the mall management for allegedly allowing herbicide to spread into the creek area, mowing areas containing native plants, and failing to establish a remediation plan.
- Store directory map. PacificEastMall.net. Pacific East Mall website. 2011. Retrieved 24-01-2011.
- Pacific East Shopping Mall (English). PacificEastMall.net 2011. Retrieved 22-01-2011.
- Pacific East Mall (Splash page). PacificEastMall.net. Pacific East Mall website. 2011. Retrieved 24-01-2011.
- Richmond Neighborhoods Map. City of Richmond website. 2011. Retrieved 23-01-2011.
- Good things in small packages. San Francisco Chronicle. Amanda Gold. Photo caption for picture of Asian Pearl Seafood Restaurant taken by Craig Lee. 28-01-2009. Retrieved 23-01-2011.
- Google Maps. 2011. Retrieved 03-02-2011.
- Major AC Transit Cuts To Go Into Effect Sunday, March 28. Rita Battarchargee. Berkeley Daily Planet 18-03-2010. Retrieved 22-01-2011.
- El Cerrito Police Triumph In 2010. El Cerrito Patch. Alan Lopez. 30-12-2011. Retrieved 22-01-2011.
- Garden Variety: An Ecological Calamity Below Albany Hill. Ron Sullivan. Berkeley Daily Planet. 26-01-2007. Retrieved 23-01-2011.