|This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in an overly promotional tone. (August 2014)|
Interpretation Program Consulting
|Founded||Portland, Oregon, USA (1992)|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, USA|
|Peter Harris, CEO
David Porter, President/COO
Pacific Interpreters, Inc., now a LanguageLine Solutions Company, is a language services provider, with video remote interpreting and offering telephonic interpreting 24/7/365 in over 200 languages, document translation, and interpreter program consulting for healthcare, business and government customers. The firm is the fifth largest supplier of telephone interpretation in the world.
Mary Rynerson founded Pacific Interpreters in 1992, following 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry. The company was established in recognition of the need for trained, competent medical interpreters.
In November 2010, Pacific Interpreters was purchased by Sterling Capital Partners III, L.P., an equity management company in Northbrook, Illinois. Subsequently, it was acquired on January 7, 2013 by Language Line Solutions.
The company offers services through its call centers in Portland, Oregon and Omaha, Nebraska, and interpreter resources. In May 2012, Pacific Interpreters opened a new headquarters office in Dallas, Texas.
Pacific Interpreters, Inc. provides a variety of language services including telephonic interpreting, regional onsite interpreting with support for American Sign Language, document translation and consulting services.
Over-the-phone interpretation (OPI)
The firm's' OPI services are provided through a telecommunications platform with Interactive Voice Response capability; intelligent call routing; and the option to use a live Customer Service Associate at any time. Its on-demand reporting tool helps clients manage and monitor their OPI services and track the language needs of their clients.
The firm offers a variety of Document Translation services including translation, editing, proofreading, multilingual desktop publishing, and post-graphics review for the Healthcare, Social Services, Business and Government markets.
Regional onsite interpreting
Thefirm offers regional onsite interpreting for American Sign Language and 80 spoken languages. The service is available in North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Tennessee.
Thefirm works with and sponsors national conferences organized by professional interpreter/translator associations such as the International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA), the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, the American Translators Association and the National Council on Interpretation in Health Care (NCIHC). The company also partners with organizations such as First Contact 9-1-1 to enhance its language access services, and assists international relief efforts such as those following the 2010 earthquakes in Haiti.
Pacific Interpreters ranked #35 in Oregon's 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies for 2010.
- "Pacific Interpreters Implements Leadership Changes to Fuel Growth". prweb.com. January 24, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "Supported Languages and Dialects by Language" (PDF). pacificinterpreters.com. June 1, 2011. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "Kelly, Nataly; DePalma, Donald A. "Top 15 Telephone Interpreting Suppliers" Common Sense Advisory (September, 2009)". Commonsenseadvisory.com. September 1, 2009. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "NCIHC Language Access Champion Awards 2011". NCIHC. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "Portfolio". Sterling Partners. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "LanguageLine Solutions Acquires Pacific Interpreters in New Year’s Deal". Language Line. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- "Company Listing". citysearch.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "Pacific Interpreters Brings Medical Customer Care Center to Omaha". Greater Omaha Chamber. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "About Us". Pacific Interpreters, Inc. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "Healthcare Credentials". pacificinterpreters.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "Business and Government Credentials". pacificinterpreters.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "Pacific Interpreters DATA". pacificinterpreters.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "International Medical Interpreters Association". imiaweb.org. Retrieved November 17, 2011.
- "The National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters". certifiedmedicalinterpreters.org. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "American Translators Association 52nd Annual Conference". atanet.org. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "National Council on Interpreting in Health Care". Ncihc.org. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Pacific Interpreters Partners with First Contact 9-1-1 to Improve Language Access for 9-1-1 Call Centers". 9-1-1magazine.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "What the translation industry is doing for Haiti". milengo.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- "Portland Business News - Portland Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.