Pacific Research Institute
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2010)|
The Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy (PRI) is a California-based free-market think tank founded in 1979 to promote "the principles of individual freedom and personal responsibility" through policies that emphasize a free economy, private initiative, and limited government. Since 1996 they have published an annual Index of Leading Environmental Indicators, which tracks environmental trends worldwide.
Areas of work
The PRI think tank lists the following as their goals:
- Education – to provide all students with access to a quality education
- Business and Economics – to strike down barriers to economic growth and innovation
- Health Care – to provide better quality and access to health-care while lowering costs
- Technology – to identify and limit harmful government regulation in the technology sector
- Environment – to sustain the trend toward a cleaner environment
- State Policy Network – a U.S. national network of free-market oriented think tanks of which PRI is a member
- Pacific Research Institute homepage.
- Eggen, Dan (January 7, 2010). "How interest groups behind health-care legislation are financed is often unclear". Washington Post. Retrieved 10 January 2015.