Pacific Title and Art
Pacific Title & Art Studio is an American company founded in 1919 by Leon Schlesinger, where most of his business was producing title cards for silent films. As talking pictures ("talkies") gained popularity in 1929 and 1930, Schlesinger looked for ways to capitalize on the new technology and stay in business, and as a result the firm moved into general film editing and post-production work.
In December 2012, former CEO Phil Feiner -- who had been operating PJF Productions in Burbank as a privately owned business since 2008 -- acquired the Pacific Title name after learning that it had become available. PJF is doing business using that name and the classic logo. Located at 3921 W. Magnolia Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91505 
- "Safeguard Scientifics sells wholly-owned unit for $23 mln". Reuters. 29 March 2007. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- David S. Cohen (8 June 2009). "Pacific Title & Art Studio to be liquidated". Variety.
- Carolyn Giardina (18 February 2013). "Pac Title Brand Relaunched by Former CEO Phil Feiner". Hollywood Reporter.
- Pacific Title and Art at the Internet Movie Database
- Extra credits: The history and collection of Pacific Title and Art Studio by Harris, Adam Duncan
|This article about a film production company or film distributor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|