The Pacific Rim are the lands around the rim of the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Basin includes the Pacific Rim and the islands in the Pacific Ocean. The Pacific Rim roughly overlaps with the geologic Pacific Ring of Fire.
List of countries on the Pacific Rim
Various intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations focus on the Pacific Rim, including APEC, the East-West Center, Sustainable Pacific Rim Cities and the Institute of Asian Research. In addition, the RIMPAC naval exercises are coordinated by United States Pacific Command.
- Clausen, A. W. The Pacific Asian Countries: A Force For Growth in the Global Economy. Los Angeles: World Affairs Council, 1984. ED 244 852.
- Cleveland, Harlan. The Future of the Pacific Basin: A Keynote Address. New Zealand: Conference on New Zealand's Prospects in the Pacific Region, 1983.
- Gibney, Frank B., Ed. Whole Pacific Catalog. Los Angeles, CA: 1981.
- "The Pacific Basin Alliances, Trade and Bases." GREAT DECISIONS 1987. New York: Foreign Policy Association, 1987. ED 283 743.
- Rogers, Theodore S., and Robert L. Snakenber. "Language Studies in the Schools: A Pacific Prospect." EDUCATIONAL PERSPECTIVES 21 (1982): 12-15.
- Wedemeyer, Dan J., and Anthony J. Pennings, Eds. Telecommunications--Asia, Americas, Pacific: PTC 86. "Evolution of the Digital Pacific." Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Pacific Telecommunications Council: Honolulu, Hawaii, 1986. ED 272 147.
- West, Philip, and Thomas Jackson. The Pacific Rim and the Bottom Line. Bloomington, Indiana, 1987.
- Wojtan, Linda S. (December 1987). "Teaching about the Pacific Rim. ERIC Digest No. 43". ERIC. Retrieved March 12, 2011.
- "Countries of the Pacific Rim". About.com. Retrieved 2008-06-05.
- Phillips, Douglas A. and Steven C. Levi. The Pacific Rim Region: Emerging Giant. Hillside, NJ: Enslow Publishers, 1988. ISBN 0-89490-191-5