|Look up pacification in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pacification may refer to:
The restoration of peace through a declaration or peace treaty:
- Pacification of Ghent, an alliance of several provinces of the Netherlands signed on November 8, 1576
- Treaty of Berwick (1639), or Pacification of Berwick, signed on June 18, 1639 between England and Scotland
- Pacification sejm, one of several sessions of the Sejm, especially the one in 1736 concluding the civil war in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth
- Pacification of 1917, between religious and secular sects in the Netherlands
A military or police action:
- Pacification of Algeria (1835-1903), French military operations which aimed to put an end to various tribal rebellions
- Occupation of Araucanía (1861–1883), also Pacification of the Araucanía, the actions which led to the incorporation of Araucanía into Chile
- Pacification of Ukrainians in Eastern Galicia (1930), a punitive action of Polish police against the Ukrainian minority in Poland
- Pacification of Manchukuo, a campaign during the Second Sino-Japanese War (March 1932-1941)
- Pacification operations in German-occupied Poland, the use of German military force to suppress Polish resistance during World War II
- Pacification of Tonkin, a military and political campaign undertaken by the French in northern Vietnam
- Pacification of Wujek, a strike-breaking action against miners in Katowice, Poland (December 16, 1981)
- Dutch intervention in Lombok and Karangasem or Pacification of Lombok in 1894
A military, political, economic, and social process of establishing or reestablishing control by a government over a population impacted and divided by insurgency.
A policing, military, political, economic, and social process of establishing or reestablishing control by a government over a population impacted by violent crime.
- Violent Pacification an album by Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
- Army of Cuban Pacification Medal, medal issued to members of the US occupation force in Cuba following the Spanish–American War (1906–1909)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.