PacketFence User Registration
|Developer(s)||Community headed by Inverse Inc.|
|Initial release||December 22, 2004|
|Stable release||4.0.2 / July 12, 2013|
|Type||Network Access Control|
|License||GNU General Public License|
PacketFence is an open-source network access control (NAC) system which provides the following features: registration, detection of abnormal network activities, proactive vulnerability scans, isolation of problematic devices, remediation through a captive portal, 802.1X, wireless integration and User-Agent / DHCP fingerprinting. Among the features provided by PacketFence, there are:
- Powerful BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workflows
- Simple and efficient guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods including role-based access control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for computers present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection solutions
- Bandwidth accounting for all devices
PacketFence is an unobtrusive solution that works with equipment from many vendors (wired or wireless) such as 3Com, AeroHIVE, Allied Telesis, Aruba, Cisco, Dell, Enterasys, ExtremeNetworks, Extricom, Foundry/Brocade, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Juniper Networks, LG-Ericsson US, Meru Networks, Motorola, Nortel/Avaya, Ruckus and Xirrus.
The Web administration interface is built using the Catalyst web application framework.
- Marcotte, Ludovic; Gehl, Dominik (2007-04-01). "PacketFence". Linux Journal. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Wallen, Jack (2007-12-18). "SolutionBase: Use PacketFence to stop unwanted network traffic". Techrepublic. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Wallen, Jack (2007-12-20). "SolutionBase: Installing and configuring Network Access Control with PacketFence". Techrepublic. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Wallen, Jack (2007-12-21). "SolutionBase: Administer PacketFence with ease via Web interface". Techrepublic. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Balzard, Regis; Gehl, Dominik (2008-01-01). "PacketFence Revisited". Linux Journal. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Gehl, Dominik; Balzard, Regis (2008-08-20). "PacketFence 1.7 offers client-free open-source NAC". LinuxWorld.com. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Buford, Cory (2008-09-23). "Securing your network with PacketFence". Linux.com. Retrieved 2009-03-11.
- Bilodeau, Olivier (2011-12-01). "PacketFence: Because NAC doesn't have to be hard!". Insecure Magazine. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|