Padamsinh Bajirao Patil
|Dr. Padamsinh Bajirao Patil|
|Born||June 1, 1940
|Political party||Nationalist Congress Party|
|Children||Ranajagjitsinha Patil(MLA),Prithviraj Patil|
|Residence||Sinhagad,Near Circuit House, Osmanabad, Maharashtra|
Padamsinh Bajirao Patil (born June 1, 1940) is a member of 15th Lok Sabha, lower house of Parliament of India, from Osmanabad in Maharashtra state in India. He was elected to Lok Sabha on Nationalist Congress Party ticket in May 2009 general elections.He was a member of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly for 8 terms.He is considered as Sharad Pawar's closest confidante.He was a minister in the Maharashtra Government for more than 20 Years.He was the deputy speaker of the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha,Deputy Opposition Leader and also the State President of Sharad Pawar's Congress(S).He was responsible for constructing the largest number of K.T Dams in his home turf Osmanabad and was also responsible for making Osmanabad the most irrigated district in the otherwise backward Marathwada region.He is considered as Sharad Pawar's muscle man.He was responsible in bringing Chhagan Bhujbal into N.C.P and creating other stalwart leaders in the party.His son Ranajagjitsinha Patil was MOS for Industries and Revenue and a two time M.L.C,he has now been elected as M.L.A of Osmanabad vidhan sabha constituency.He is considered amongst the tallest leaders in the Marathwada region.He was arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for his alleged involvement in the murder of his cousin brother and confidante Pawanraje Nimbalkar and remanded in the agency's custody.This was considered as a political conspiracy by many against him and Sharad Pawar. He was never in judicial custody for more than a week. He was granted bail on a surety of Rs 2 lakh. The trial in Alibaug court began on June 6, 2011 and verdict in a court of law is still pending.
- 1978 Member, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1978–1980, Cabinet Minister, Energy & Excise, Govt. Of Maharashtra
- 1986–1988, Deputy Speaker, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1988–1994, Cabinet Minister, Irrigation, Home Affairs & Ex. Services Welfare, Govt of Maharashtra
- 1995-1999, Deputy Leader Of Opposition
- 1999–2002, Cabinet Minister, Energy and Water Resources, Govt. of Maharashtra
- 2002–2004, Cabinet Minister, Water Resources excluding Krishna Valley Irrigation, Govt. of Maharashtra
- 2009 Elected to 15th Lok Sabha.
- "NCP MP Padamsinh Patil Held for Murder". Mumbai: Outlook. Jun 7, 2009. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Kumar, Vinay (Jun 9, 2009). "Lok Sabha told of Padmsinh Patil’s arrest". New Delhi: The Hindu. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "Padamsinh Patil is granted bail". NAVI MUMBAI: The Times of India. Sep 26, 2009. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- Suspended NCP MP Padamsinh Patil fined for delaying trial. Ibnlive.in.com. June 07, 2011. Retrieved on 2011-12-23.
- After LS polls, new crisis for Pawar. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2009-06-08). Retrieved on 2011-12-23.
- Fifteenth Lok Sabha. Members Bioprofile. Retrieved on 2011-12-23.
- Detailed Profile – Dr. Padmasinha Bajirao Patil – Members of Parliament (Lok Sabha) – Who's Who – Government: National Portal of India. India.gov.in. Retrieved on 2011-12-23.
- Member of Parliament (P), Lok Sabha, Parliament of India. Sarkaritel.com. Retrieved on 2011-12-23.