Allegan City Airport
|IATA: none – ICAO: K35D – FAA LID: 35D|
|Operator||City of Allegan|
|Elevation AMSL||891 ft / 272 m|
The address of the airport is: 740 Grand St., Allegan, MI, 49010
The airport offers, skydiving, public telephone, weather briefings, and 100LL fuel servicing.
The airport is staffed daily from 8AM until dusk.
- Runway 11/29: 3,500 x 75 ft. (1,067 x 23 m), Surface: Asphalt
- Runway 15/33: 2,000 x 150 ft. (609 x 46 m), Surface: Turf
- CTAF/UNICOM: 122.8
- GRAND RAPIDS APPROACH: 128.4
- GRAND RAPIDS DEPARTURE: 128.4
- WX ASOS at BIV (18 nm NW): 119.025 (616-394-0190)
- The airport is accessible by road from M-222, (exit 55 off US 131), and is located near M-40 and M-89.
- Padgham Field has skydiving operations at the East side of the field. There is a small skydiving club operating there and Skydive Inc. operates its Skydive Allegan operation there as well.
Padgham Field has active skydiving operations at the field. There is a small skydiving club operating on Saturdays and a commercial operation, Skydive Inc. that operates as Skydive Allegan and jumps on Saturdays, Sundays, Wednesday evenings, and throughout the week on occasion. These operations typically put skydivers over the North center of the field and land in the field area between the T-hangars.
Experienced skydivers normally exit the aircraft from an altitude of 10,000' AGL and will freefall to approximately 2,500' AGL before deploying their canopies. Skydive Inc.'s Skydive Allegan Tandem Skydivers will normally exit the aircraft from an altitude of 10,000' AGL and will free fall to approximately 4,500' AGL before deploying their canopies. During skydiving operations, Padgham Field will potentially have skydiving canopy traffic in a small pattern from 4,500' AGL to the ground.
Skydive aircraft are in constant communication with Grand Rapids Approach and will give notices via local frequencies as to skydiver jump status.
- Skydive Inc. "Michigan Skydiving."
- Skydive Allegan "Skydive Michigan from the Allegan Airport!"
- PDF (45.0 KiB)
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about a Michigan airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|