Padi's vocalist, Fadly during Pesta Malam Indonesia 3 Concert.
|Members||Andi Fadly Arifuddin
Satriyo Yudi Wahono
Rindra Risyanto Noor
Ari Tri Sosianto
Padi (pronounced [ˈpadi]) is an Indonesian alternative pop/rock band. When the band formed on April 8, 1997, all of its members were still studying at Airlangga University, Surabaya, Indonesia. They are Piyu (lead guitar, backing vocals), Fadly (lead vocals), Ari (guitar), Rindra (bass guitar), and Yoyo (drums).
In late 2007, Rolling Stone Indonesia magazine placed 2 of their albums on their "150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time" list. Those are Sesuatu Yang Tertunda at #55 and Save My Soul at #110. In addition, Rolling Stone also put 2 of Padi's songs on the "150 Greatest Indonesian Songs of All Time" list. The songs are "Mahadewi" (#87) and "Sobat" (#109), both came from the debut album Lain Dunia (1999), which ironically isn't included in the magazine's list of Best Albums.
- 1999: Lain Dunia atong boy
- 2001: Sesuatu Yang Tertunda(Rasyid Atong Sampit)
- 2003: Save My Soul
- 2004: Padi
- 2007: Tak Hanya Diam
- "About Padi" (in Indonesian). Sobat-Padi.org. 2008. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- "Padi Goes To The Top Of The Table" (in Indonesian). SWA. 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-10.[dead link]
- Rolling Stone Special Edition: 150 Greatest Indonesian Albums of All Time (in Indonesian) (32nd ed.). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2007.
- Rolling Stone Special Edition: 150 Greatest Indonesian Songs of All Time (in Indonesian) (56th ed.). Rolling Stone Indonesia. 2009.