From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Padma may refer to:
- Padma (attribute), the lotus, a symbolic flower repeatedly finding reference in Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism
- Padma River, a river of Bangladesh
- In the Indian numbering system, one padma is equal to one quadrillion (1015)
- Padma, Hazaribagh, in Jharkhand, India
- Padma Purana, a Hindu religious text, one of the major eighteen Puranas.
As a given name:
- Padma Choling (b. 1952), Chairman of the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR), China
- Padma Desai (b. 1932), Indian-American development economist
- Padma Gole (1913–1998), Marathi poet from Maharashtra
- Padma Kant Shukla (1950–2013), Indian physicist
- Padma Lakshmi (b. 1970), a host of the reality TV program Top Chef
- Padma Khanna (b. 1949), popular actress of Bollywood and Bhojpuri cinema
- Padma Sachdev (b. 1940), Indian writer, novelist in Dogri
- Padma Talwalkar (b. 1948), Indian classical vocalist
- Padma Viswanathan (b. 1968), Canadian playwright
In popular culture:
- Padma Patil, a character from the Harry Potter books
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.