|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Named for||Saint Alberto Hurtado|
|• Total||80.8 km2 (31.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||419 m (1,375 ft)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Official website (Spanish)|
Padre Hurtado is a Chilean city and commune in Talagante Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. A portion of the commune belongs to the Greater Santiago conurbation. The commune is named after Saint Alberto Hurtado, who was popularly known as Padre Hurtado ("Father Hurtado").
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Padre Hurtado spans an area of 80.8 km2 (31 sq mi) and has 38,768 inhabitants (19,367 men and 19,401 women). Of these, 34,257 (88.4%) lived in urban areas and 4,511 (11.6%) in rural areas. The population grew by 32% (9,396 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses.
- Population: 45.529 (2006 projection)
- Average annual household income: US$14,278 (PPP, 2006)[dead link]
- Population below poverty line: 18.7% (2006)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Padre Hurtado is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Mrs. Denise Pascal (PS) and Mr. Gonzalo Uriarte (UDI) as part of the 31st electoral district, (together with Talagante, Peñaflor, El Monte, Isla de Maipo, Melipilla, María Pinto, Curacaví, Alhué and San Pedro). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Jovino Novoa Vásquez (UDI) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- (Spanish) "Municipality of Padre Hurtado". Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- (Spanish) "National Statistics Institute". Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Sistema de Información Regional, Ministry of Planning of Chile.[dead link]
- (Spanish) "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile. Archived from the original on August 24, 2007.
- (Spanish) Municipality of Padre Hurtado