Padre Las Casas is a Chilean city and commune located in Cautín Province, Araucanía Region. Padre Las Casas spans a landlocked area of 400.7 km2 (155 sq mi).
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Padre Las Casas spans an area of 400.7 km2 (155 sq mi) and has 58,795 inhabitants (29,327 men and 29,468 women). Of these, 33,697 (57.3%) lived in urban areas and 25,098 (42.7%) in rural areas. Between the 1992 and 2002 censuses, the population grew by 26.9% (12,470 persons).
As a commune, Padre Las Casas is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a communal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde is Juan Eduardo Delgado Castro. The communal council has the following members:
- José Bravos Burgos (RN)
- Raúl Henríquez Burgos (Independent)
- Ana María Soto Cea (PPD)
- Jaime Catriel Quidequeo (RN)
- Alex Henríquez Araneda (UDI)
- Sergio Sandoval Benavente (DC)
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Padre Las Casas belongs to the 50th electoral district and 15th senatorial constituency.
- ^ a b (Spanish) "Municipality of Padre Las Casas". Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- ^ a b c d e (Spanish) "National Statistics Institute". Retrieved 1 May 2010.
External links