Page 2 stage
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2010)|
|Stable release||1.02.068 / 6 March 2004|
Page 2 Stage is screenwriting software designed expressly for people writing screenplays, scripts, and plays. The formatting required for writing movie and TV Script is very specific (see Screenplay) and general Word processors are more difficult to use for such tasks. Page 2 Stage supports the common script formats.
Page 2 Stage was originally a commercial product. However, it is now released as open source and can be downloaded from Windward Reports. There is a discussion about how the end of the commercial life for Page 2 Stage was handled at the CEO's blog.
The source code is available for download and Windward has offered to help any individuals who wish to create an open source project for the program. However, as of this date no open source effort exists. To express interest in creating a project, post in the suggestions forum.
Interestingly, while the program is now free, several online writer stores still offer it for sale. It appears that it is exactly the same program.
Page 2 Stage includes resources in 30 different languages so all menus, dialog boxes, etc. are in the language of the user, including Asian languages and bi-directional languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.
Page 2 Stage has several reports that are very useful in writing a screenplay. First is several graphs that create a picture of both the flow of the scenes and the flow of character's dialogue. This helps to balance out the script.
Second is a concordance of each character's dialogue. This helps the writer create a unique voice for each character.
- The Online Communicator Screenplay Formatting Software from the Bottom Up.
- Writer's Inkwell Page2Stage - Free screenwriting program.
- iDnez.cz Page 2 Stage (in Czech)
- Vladimir Ilich Bryksin Page 2 Stage (in Russian)
- SourceForge project page
- Page 2 Stage website
- Download of source file
- Download of binary program for Microsoft Windows
- alternate Download of binary program for Microsoft Windows
- Download page of program & source files (dead) (archive.org mirror)
- Support Forum (dead) (archive.org mirror)