Page Municipal Airport
|Page Municipal Airport|
|IATA: PGA – ICAO: KPGA – FAA LID: PGA|
|Owner||City of Page|
|Elevation AMSL||4,316 ft / 1,316 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Page Municipal Airport (IATA: PGA, ICAO: KPGA, FAA LID: PGA) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) east of the central business district of Page, in Coconino County, Arizona, United States. It is owned by the City of Page. The airport is mostly used for general aviation but is also served by one commercial airline which is subsidized by the federal government's Essential Air Service program at a cost of $2,472,028 (per year).
This facility is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems, which categorized it as a primary commercial service airport. As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 33,118 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 30,574 enplanements in 2009, and 20,264 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Page Municipal Airport covers an area of 555 acres (225 ha) at an elevation of 4,316 feet (1,316 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 15/33 is 5,950 by 150 feet (1,814 x 46 m); 7/25 is 2,201 by 75 feet (671 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2011, the airport had 24,800 aircraft operations, an average of 67 per day: 50% air taxi, 41% general aviation, 8% scheduled commercial, and <1% military. At that time there were 87 aircraft based at this airport: 71% single-engine, 17% multi-engine, 7% helicopter, and 5% jet.
Airline and non-stop destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Great Lakes Airlines||Phoenix|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|Rank||City||Airport name & IATA code||Passengers|
|1||Phoenix, AZ||Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)||3,000|
|2||Denver, CO||Denver International Airport (DEN)||1,450|
|3||Los Angeles, CA||Los Angeles International Airport (DEN)||1,170|
|4||Las Vegas, NV||McCarran International Airport (LAS)||200|
|5||Prescott, AZ||Prescott Municipal Airport (PRC)||90|
|6||Pueblo, CO||Pueblo Memorial Airport (PUB)||10|
|7||Farmington, NM||Four Corners Regional Airport (FMN)||10|
- FAA Airport Master Record for PGA ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (PGA: Page)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "Essential Air Service Reports". U.S. Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "Page, AZ: Page Municipal (PGA)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket OST-1997-2694) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- Order 2005-3-16 (March 9, 2005): selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. to provide essential air service at Kingman, Prescott, Page, and Show Low for a new two-year period, at a combined first-year subsidy of $3,840,959, and a combined second-year subsidy of $3,854,958.
- Order 2007-6-10 (June 13, 2007): selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. to provide subsidized EAS at Page and Show Low, Arizona, for two years, with the new contract term beginning when Air Midwest inaugurates service at Kingman and Prescott. The annual subsidy rates for Page and Show Low will be $1,497,556 and $988,181, respectively. Page will receive 19 weekly nonstop round trips to Phoenix with the option to provide one more frequency during peak times and one fewer during non peaks. One round trip a day may be substituted to either Las Vegas (nonstop) or Denver (one-stop) with no change in subsidy. Show Low will receive 14 nonstop round trips per week to Phoenix with 19-passenger Beechcraft 1900D aircraft.
- Order 2009-8-5 (August 10, 2009): re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. to provide essential air service at Page and Show Low, Arizona, at annual subsidy rates of $1,995,273 and $1,407,255, respectively, and for a 19-month period from October 1, 2009, through April 30, 2011.
- Order 2011-3-4 (March 1, 2011): re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. to provide essential air service at Kingman, Page, Prescott, and Show Low, Arizona for the two-year period from May 1, 2011, to April 30, 2013, for a combined annual subsidy of $5,596,114.
- Order 2013-6-1 (June 3, 2013): re-selecting Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. to provide Essential Air Service at Kingman, Page, Prescott, and Show Low, Arizona, for the two-year period from May 1, 2013, through April 30, 2015, for a combined annual subsidy of $7,873,533. Subsidy for Page: $2,472,028. Service from Page is to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), with an option that one round trip a day may be substituted to either Denver International Airport (DEN) or Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS).
- Order 2013-6-9: approving the request of Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. to change part of its service pattern at Page, Arizona to include the option of serving Los Angeles International Airport effective March 1, 2013, through April 30, 2013.
- Airport information at City of Page web site
- Page Municipal Airport (PGA) at Arizona DOT
- Aerial image as of May 1992 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PGA, effective August 21, 2014
- Resources for this airport: