Pagham shown within West Sussex
|Area||9.88 km2 (3.81 sq mi)|
|Population||5,941 (Civil Parish)|
|– density||601/km2 (1,560/sq mi)|
|OS grid reference|
|– London||57 miles (92 km) NNE|
|Shire county||West Sussex|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||BOGNOR REGIS|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
|UK Parliament||Bognor Regis and Littlehampton|
The village can be divided into three contiguous neighbourhoods (merging seamlessly as one clustered village):
- Pagham Beach, coastal area, developed in the early 20th Century,
- Pagham, the original 13th Century village
- Nyetimber, originally a separate village but has now been subsumed as part of a Local Authority rationalisation and the growth of the area.
Buildings and facilities
Many of the original Pagham Beach dwellings are bungalows constructed from old railway carriages - most of these have been later rebuilt using sturdier construction methods.
Pagham is home to ale and beer pubs 'The Lamb', 'The Lion' and 'The Bear' as well as the popular 'Inglenook Hotel' which is a favourite stop off point for many during visits to events at Goodwood Circuit and races.
The Site of Special Scientific Interest known as Pagham Harbour to the south-west of almost one quarter of the area falls partly within the parish. The harbour and surrounding land is of national importance for both flora and fauna. The shingle spit is of geological interest.
A Phoenix type Mulberry Harbour is visible in the bay at low tides.
Sport and leisure
Pagham has a Non-League football club Pagham F.C. who play at Nyetimber Lane. The village has a cricket team, who play at the cricket ground at Nyetimber Lane. Sussex County Cricket Club played two first-class matches there in the 1970s.
- Crabb v Arun District Council , a leading property and easements case which concerned a seller's assurance, in this case, of access from a public highway to neighbouring land in Pagham.
- Nyetimber Mill
- Nyetimber (electoral division)
- Key Statistics; Quick Statistics: Population Density United Kingdom Census 2011 Office for National Statistics Retrieved 10 May 2014
- "SSSI Citation — Pagham Harbour" (PDF). Natural England. Retrieved 4 April 2009.
- "Ground profile: Pagham Cricket Club Ground". CricketArchive. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- EWCA Civ 7
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pagham.|
|This West Sussex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|