Pagliacci Pizza is a Seattle-based restaurant chain. The first Pagliacci Pizza location opened on February 19, 1979, at 4529 University Ave NE in Seattle's University District. Over the years, this location has undergone many face-lifts and major remodeling changes.
Since the original pizzeria opened, Pagliacci Pizza has grown to 24 locations across the greater Seattle and Bellevue area, most of which offer delivery, sit-down dining and pizza-by-the-slice bars. An interior decor staple for the local chain is Italian-language movie posters. On November 21, 2001, Pagliacci Pizza opened Seattle's first stand-alone LEED-certified pizzeria in the Madison Park neighborhood.
In popular culture
- Pagliacci Pizza menus and boxes were used as props in the movie Singles. This film was set in Seattle.
- Pagliacci Pizza box and menu were used as props in the movie 50/50. This movie was mostly filmed in areas outside Seattle, but set in Seattle.
- Author Kevin O'Brien mentions a Pagliacci Pizza delivery driver and pizza in his 2012 novel Killing Spree.
In recent years, Pagliacci Pizza has made an effort to be more eco-friendly, using compostable boxes and packaging, and purchasing green-power offsets from Seattle City Light and Puget Sound Energy. Since 2011, Pagliacci Pizza's boxes have been made using materials from Forest Stewardship Council-certified local forests and post-consumer recycled fiber. The chain's Wallingford, Madison Park and Old Bellevue locations were built using sustainably-sourced materials.
- Gujavarty, Shalini. "Peep Pagliacci's Newest LEED-Certified Shop". Eater Seattle. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- Kevin, O'Brien. "Killing Spree". Google Books. Pinnacle. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Weisbaum, Herb. "Local restaurants adopt green practices". KOMO News. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Pagliacci tells FSC story on pizza boxes". Forest Stewardship Council. Forest Stewardship Council. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Pagliacci Pizza / Floisand Studio". Arch Daily. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- Throndsen, Kiersten. "Today: Pizza company goes green with new location, offers free slices". KOMO News. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "Pagliacci Pizza on Main". Architizer. Retrieved 18 May 2014.