Pai Chai University
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2015)|
|Pai Chai University|
Serve others, if you wish to be great.
크고자 하거든 남을 섬기라.
|Location||Daejeon, South Korea|
|Mascot||Tiger, Ginkgo biloba, Yulan|
|Pai Chai University|
|Revised Romanization||Baejae Daehakgyo|
Pai Chai University is one of South Korea's oldest modern universities. Its campus is located in Seo-gu, in Daejeon metropolitan city, on the lower slopes of Yeonja Mountain. It has a present-day student body of about 14,000. Undergraduate programs are administered by the Colleges of Humanities, Foreign Studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Tourism Management, Natural Sciences, Engineering, Performing Inter-media Arts and Fine Arts. Numerous graduate programs in these fields are provided as well.
The school was founded by the missionary Henry Appenzeller in 1885, not long after the Joseon government had legalized Christianity and reformed the national educational system. At that time it was known as Baejae Hakdang (배재학당), which might be rendered as "Pai Chai Academy." It was officially established as a college in 1895.
Pai Chai University has 5 colleges.
- College of Howard (Global Humanities)
- College of Seo Jaepil [Philip Jaisohn] (Business Social Sciences Law)
- College of Appenzeller (Sciences and Engineering)
- College of Kim Soweol [Kim Sowol] (Tourism and Arts)
- College of Ju Sigyeong
- Graduate Programs
- Graduate School of Information and Communications
- Graduate School of International Business and Commerce
- Graduate School of Law
- Graduate School of Tourism Management
- Graduate School of Public Administration
- List of Korea-related topics
- List of colleges and universities in South Korea
- Education in South Korea
- Pai Chai University's website
- Pai Chai University's fingerprint attendance system website
- Pai Chai University's Electronic Engineering Department
- Pai Chai University's English-language website
- Pai Chai University's Japanese-language website
- Pai Chai University's Chinese-language website
- Pai Chai University's Vietnamese-language website
- Pai Chai University's Civil,Environmental & Railroad Engineering website
- Pai Chai University's Education Center for Korean as a Foreign Language website
- Vietnamese Student Association in Pai Chai University or Vietnamese Student Association in Pai Chai University
|This article about a South Korean institution of tertiary education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|