Hemmis in 2011
March 17, 1972
Wisconsin, United States
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A. 1994)|
|Occupation||Television host and entrepreneur|
|Spouse(s)||Russ Hemmis (div. 2005)|
Early life and education
Hemmis, born as Paige Huff in Wisconsin, moved to California as a child. She attended St. John Eudes School and Chaminade College Preparatory in Southern California and is graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara where she received a B.A. in 1994 in Psychology and Theology.
Paige considered her role on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition "a blessing" and felt "extremely fortunate to make her living helping others." "It's amazing that we get the opportunity to travel our country helping families redefine the place they call home. It’s an honor to help, and my life will be forever changed by it."
Prior to her television career, Hemmis founded successful real estate and wedding planning businesses.
Through her construction background, Paige found a void in the marketplace when it came to women's tools and products and founded Tuff Chix, Inc. She released her first book, The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement, in December 2006.
Hemmis was previously married to Russ Hemmis which ended in divorce in 2005.
- Hemmis, Paige (2006). The Tuff Chix Guide to Easy Home Improvement. City of Westminster, England: Penguin Group. ISBN 9780452287617.
- "Alumnus of the Year - Profiles". sjeschool.net. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "The Superstars Teams". abc.go.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Goodwyn, Hannah. "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’s Paige Hemmis on Faith and Helping Others". cbn.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Chi, Paul; Hamm, Liza (September 21, 2009). "My Depression Nightmare". People (Time Inc.) 72 (12): 147–8. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Hemmis, Paige. "Depression Treatment Makeover: Hemmis Edition". health.com. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- Paige Hemmis at the Internet Movie Database
- Official website
- Goviva Speakers biography
- TV Guide biography