Palace (TV series)
|Also known as||Palace: The Locked Heart Jade|
|Genre||Historical fiction, science fiction, romance|
|Written by||Yu Zheng|
|Directed by||Lee Wai-chu,
Jiang Guangtao (voice director)
|Theme music composer||Tan Xuan|
|Opening theme||Ai De Gongyang (爱的供养) performed by Mickey He and Xiang Ying (episodes 1–20),
performed by Yang Mi (episodes 21–35)
|Ending theme||Jian Huo Bu Jian (见或不见) performed by Mickey He|
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||35 (39)(Hunan TV first broadcast the version of 39 episodes, not the general version of 35)|
|Executive producer(s)||Hunan ETV Culture Media Co., Ltd.|
|Location(s)||Dongyang, Zhejiang (as "present-day" in the story), Hengdian World Studios, Zhejiang (as "Qing Dynasty" in the story)|
|Running time||45 minutes (per episode)|
|Production company(s)||Yu Zheng Workshop|
|Original channel||Hunan Television|
|Original airing||31 January 2011|
|Preceded by||Fall in Love|
|Followed by||The Temption of Home|
|Palace: The Locked Heart Jade|
Palace, also known as Gong, Gong Suo Xin Yu, and Palace: The Locked Heart Jade, is a Chinese television series produced by Yu Zheng. The series was directed by Lee Wai-chu and starred cast members from mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong. The series was first broadcast on Hunan TV in China in 2011. It is later followed by Palace 2.
Luo Qingchuan is a simple and kind-hearted girl from the 21st century. One day she accidentally travels through time and ends up in the 1700s, in the Forbidden City, during the reign of the Kangxi Emperor. She meets her favourite historical figure, the fourth prince Yinzhen, the future Yongzheng Emperor. However, she has to learn the hard way that history books do not always tell the whole story and her broken heart might just be mended by the most unexpected person. Her wit and knowledge of the future puts her right in the middle of the heated competition for the throne. Can she alter history? Whom will she fall in love with? Whom will she choose?
- Yang Mi as Luo Qingchuan, the time travelling protagonist. Yang simultaneously played Huaying, a spy sent by Yinxiang who resembles Qingchuan in appearance.
- Feng Shaofeng as Yinsi, the 8th prince.
- Mickey He as Yinzhen, the 4th prince.
- Sonija Kwok as Consort Xi, the Kangxi Emperor's concubine.
- Tong Liya as Nian Suyan (Tong Suyan), Yinzhen's concubine.
- Kent Tong as the Kangxi Emperor
- Leanne Liu as Imperial Consort De, Yinzhen's mother.
- Maggie Shiu as Imperial Consort Liang, Yinsi's mother. Shiu simultaneously played Lady Heseri, the Kangxi Emperor's first empress.
- Vicki He as Xueru, the crown princess and Yinreng's wife.
- Liu Bin as Yin'e, the 10th prince.
- Tian Zhenwei as Yinxiang, the 13th prince.
- Mao Zijun as Yinti, the 14th prince.
- Ma Wenlong as Yintang, the 9th prince.
- Wang Xianghong as Gu Xiaochun, Qingchuan's friend.
- Amber Xu as Jinzhi, the 4th princess consort and Yinzhen's primary spouse.
- Zong Fengyan as Yinreng, the crown prince.
- Zhang Tong as Princess Bingyue
- Xi Xue as Ningxiang, a Mongol princess.
- Li Qindong as Nian Gengyao
- Lü Yi as Yinshuang
- Liu Fang as Qingchuan's mother
- Yan Kuan as Lin Feifan, Qingchuan's fiance in the present-day.
- Zhu Yaying as Lin Feifan's mother
- Pan Shiqi
- Ren Quan
Palace won the top four newcomer awards at the 2011 New Forces Grand Ceremony (2011新势力盛典).
- (Chinese) 杨幂新势力盛典封后 刘诗诗甜蜜牵手郑嘉颖(图)