|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011)|
Palace Entertainment is an American amusement and entertainment company located in Newport Beach, California. The company was established in 1998 after the acquisition of four independently owned family entertainment companies with the five brands Camelot Parks, Palace Park, Boomers!, Grand Prix Race-O-Rama and Family Fun Center, by Spanish amusement company Parques Reunidos. The company currently operates 40 amusement parks, water parks, and family entertainment centers throughout the United States.
On February 27, 2006, it was announced that MidOcean Partners was to acquire Palace Entertainment. The closing of this transaction occurred in the second quarter 2006.
On August 24, 2007, MidOcean Partners sold Palace Entertainment to Parques Reunidos for $330 Million. This transaction closed in the third quarter of 2007.
Fernando Eiroa joined Palace Entertainment in 2007, serving as President and Chief Executive Officer.
On November 12th 2010, Palace Entertainment announced the acquisition of Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park in historic Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, from Hershey Entertainment & Resorts.
In June 2014, Palace Entertainment announced the acquisition of Miami Seaquarium in Key Biscayne, Florida.
- Miami Seaquarium (Key Biscayne, Florida)
- Castle Park (Riverside, California)
- Dutch Wonderland (Lancaster, Pennsylvania)
- Idlewild and Soak Zone (Ligonier, Pennsylvania)
- Kennywood (West Mifflin, Pennsylvania)
- Lake Compounce (Bristol, Connecticut)
- Sea Life Park (Waimanalo Beach, Hawaii)
- Story Land (Glen, New Hampshire)
- Noah's Ark Water Park (Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin)
- Raging Waters (Sacramento, California)
- Raging Waters (San Dimas, California)
- Raging Waters (San Jose, California)
- Sandcastle Waterpark (West Homestead, Pennsylvania)
- Splish Splash (Riverhead, New York)
- Water Country (Portsmouth, New Hampshire)
- Waterworld California (Concord, California)
- Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe (Greensboro, North Carolina)
Family entertainment centers