Palace of the Popes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Palace of the Popes may refer to:
- Palace of the Vatican, Vatican City – the pope's residence since the return from Avignon in 1377
- Domus Sanctae Marthae, Vatican City – also known as Saint Martha's House, the Vatican hotel where Pope Francis resides.
- Lateran Palace, Rome, Italy – used from the 4th century until 1309
- Palais des Papes, Avignon, France – used from 1309 to 1377
- Palazzo dei Papi, Orvieto, Italy – used from 1262 to 1297
- Palazzo dei Papi, Viterbo, Italy – used from 1257 to 1281
- Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo, Castel Gandolfo, Lazio, Italy – the pope's summer residence, temporary residence of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI
- Quirinal Palace, Rome, Italy – used from 1589 to 1870
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Palace of the Popes.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.