The complex consists of four buildings:
- MyZeil, a shopping mall
- Palais Thurn und Taxis, a reconstruction of a palace from 1793 which had been badly damaged in World War II
- Nextower, a 136-metre high rise office building
- Jumeirah Frankfurt, a 99-metre high rise hotel building
Beneath the complex lies the largest underground car park in Frankfurts city centre with 1,396 parking positions.
The site had been used for decades by Deutsche Post as the main post office in Frankfurt. It was sold to an investor in 2002 and plans were made for a new building complex including a large shopping mall because the site borders the Zeil, Frankfurts top-selling shopping street. The demoliton of the old post buildings, including one of Frankfurts first high rise buildings, the 69-metres Fernmeldehochhaus, began in 2004, but legal disputes deplayed the construction works for several months.
In February 2009 the shopping mall MyZeil opened and soon became an architectural landmark and also a crowd puller with new shops suchs as Hollister Co., the first in Germany. The two towers and the palace were finished in 2011. The luxury hotel Jumeirah Frankfurt, the first Jumeirah hotel in Germany, opened in August 2011.
- List of tallest buildings in Frankfurt
- List of tallest buildings in Germany
- Palais Thurn und Taxis
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palais Quartier.|