పలాస – కాశిబుగ్గ
|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Palasa is located at 18.46N 84.25E. It has an average elevation of 38 meters (127 feet).
- Palasa-Kasibugga is the center of cashew industries in the Srikakulam district. There are around 200 cashew processing industries around Palasa town, the highest amongst the five north east coastal districts (together contains only 36 units). These twin towns are the largest cashew producing towns of Andhra Pradesh and are among the largest processing centres in India. The cashew industry provides direct and indirect employment to about 15,000 people in the surrounding areas.
- The Community Health Centre, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad is located here. It can hold 50 in-patients.
- The railway station is common for both the towns. Even though the station is named "Palasa" it is located in Kasibugga. This station is one of the railway stations with highest revenue in the Khurda division of East Coast Railway zone.
Palasa is the second largest town in the Srikakulam district with a population of 70,000.
Palasa has a good transport facility from all major cities. Palasa has an average literacy rate of 69%, second in the Srikakulam district. There are two post offices, one each in Palasa and Kasibugga. Palasa also has 3 beaches, Ratty, Akkupally & Thoturu (Hanuman Saagar Beach) beach which are nearly 7 km from Palasa railway station. The beach has good stalls and dhabas.(thoturu beach is very famous for temples. when sun rising early from east first the sun rays directly goes to Sri Uma Ramalingeshwar temple..)
There are six film theatres in the town including a first class A/C theatre with Dolby DTS and other features. Tarlakota in Orrissa Kings Best Old Temples Old
Schools and colleges
Palasa-Kasibugga has good educational infrastructure for a Tier - 4 city. St. Francis De'sales school, Narayana E Techno School, Srichaitanya Techno School, Medha Grammar School, Bhasyam, and Ravindra Bharati are the best English medium schools in the city. Other notable schools include East Coast Railway Mixed High School, Grace Convent School, Padmavathi English medium school, Little Angels School, and BET. The Zilla Parishad High School is good as well, with a big ground. Recently schools like Sri Chaitanya Techno School, Ravindra Bharathi, and Bhashyam were also built in 2012. Eurokids International Pre-School, Smart School International were also built in 2010.
There are two engineering colleges in the town and lot of other degree colleges, both public and private. These form the hub for studies for all the villages surrounding the town. Narayanadora Junior & Degree College, SBSYM Degree College, Prajna Junior & Degree College, Pratiba College, Saisirisha College, Sri medha jr college, Shiridi Sai College, Govt. College, Prajna Institute Of Technology And Managemant and Shiva Rama Krishna College of Engineering & Technology are some of the colleges in Palasa. Narayana Junior College is the top college in the town, receiving the best results on the board exam.
One of oldest degree college in Kasibugga-Palasa is SBSYM Arts and Science Degree College.
Villages and Panchayats
- Allukola (village and panchayat)
- Amalakhudia (village and panchayat)
- Bantu Kotturu (village and panchayat)
- Boddapadu (village and panchayat)
- Brahmana Tharla (village and panchayat)
- Laxmi Puram (village)
- Chinabadam (village and municipality) with 4000 population
- Vajrapukotturu (village and panchayat)
- Chinanchala (village and panchayat)
- Garudugandi (village and panchayat)
- Grudasupuram (village and panchayat)
- Kedaripuram (village and panchayat)
- Laxmipuram (village and panchayat)
- Sasanam Ramaraob (village and panchayat)
- Lotturu (village and panchayat)
- Loddabhadra (Village cum Gram Panchayat)
- Mamidimettu (village and panchayat)
- Neelavathi (village and panchayat)
- Peda Makanapalli (village and panchayat)
- Pedanchala (village and panchayat)
- Rentikota (village and panchayat)
- Tekkalipatnam (village and panchayat)
- Tharlakota (village and panchayat)
- Garuda Bhadra (Village and Panchayat)
- Gaduru (Village and Panchayat)
- Metturu (village and Panchayithi) Damodar
- Vonkuluru (village and Panchayithi)
- Ankapalli (village and Panchayithi)
- Bapu Nagar (village and Panchayithi)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palasa-Kasibugga.|