Roman Tmetuchl International Airport
|Roman Tmetuchl International Airport|
|Owner||Republic of Palau|
|Location||Airai, Babelthuap Island, Palau|
|Elevation AMSL||176 ft / 54 m|
Roman Tmetuchl International Airport (IATA: ROR, ICAO: PTRO, FAA LID: ROR) is the main airport of Palau. It is located just north of Airai on Babelthuap (Babeldaob) island. The airport is 6 miles (4 km) from Koror and 15 miles (25 km) from Melekeok.
A resolution adopted by the Senate of Palau in May 2006 renamed Palau International Airport as the Roman Tmetuchl International Airport, in honor of late local politician and businessman Roman Tmetuchl. It is also known as Babelthuap/Koror Airport or Airai Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 480 acres (190 ha) at an elevation of 176 feet (45 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 9/27 with an asphalt and concrete surface measuring 7,200 by 150 feet (2,194 x 45 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 13, 2004, the airport had 1,142 aircraft operations, an average of 95 per month: 78% scheduled commercial, 10% air taxi, 8% general aviation and 4% military.
Airlines and destinations
|Belau Air||Peleliu, Angaur|
|Delta Air Lines||Tokyo-Narita|
|Japan Airlines||Charter: Tokyo-Narita, Nagoya|
|Mega Maldives||Hong Kong|
|United Airlines||Guam, Manila, Yap|
- FAA Airport Master Record for ROR – Babelthuap/Koror ( PDF), effective 2 Jul 2009.
- Airport information for PTRO from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for ROR at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Ngiraiwet, Florencia (2007-11-02), Senate Joint Resolution Status Table, Senate of Palau, retrieved 2008-02-25
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Tmetuchl International Airport.|
- Republic of Palau: Division of Transportation
- Getting to Airai
- Palau International Airport photo
- Airport information for Babelthuap/Koror Airport (PTRO) at AirNav
- Current weather for Babelthuap Island, Babelthuap/Koror Airport, Palau (PTRO) at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for Koror-Airai Airport (ROR) at Aviation Safety Network
|This article about an Oceanian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Palau location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|